Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nicu moms how long were u in?

Posted by   + Show Post

boy or girl

steriods?

how many weeks were you at delivery

and how many days were you in the nicu?

i had a boy at 29 weeks and we have been here 15 days so far

by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Replies (51-60):
Sassy_Mommy1
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I have a baby boy. 2 steroid shots: 28 weeker. My sweet boy was there 76 long days!
heartmom90
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Girl no steroids she was born at 36 weeks and 1 day. She was in nicu for 2 weeks 

blondieinva80
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Little boy...I had two steroid shots before delivery to prepare him. I was 30 weeks and 4days. We were in NICU for 83 days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KeKeKan
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Had a girl at 29 weeks with steroids and we were there for 35 long days!
1happym0m
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Baby Girl
Yes I got steriods
She was born at 28 wks 5 days
and has been in the NICU for 6 days so far and will be there for almost 2 months (said the drs)
And she weighed 1lbs 10oz 13.5in

lilaoichan
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I went into labor at 28 weeks was in the hospitle for 3 days (went in on monday morning after fainting and was release wensday) given 2 steriod shots threw my butt to develop my sons lungs as a precaution.  I was put on moderated bed rest (meaning i could get up and move as long as I sat or laid down most of the day.  I went into labor again friday night (the same week) and had my son at 29 weeks via emergancy c section.  He was born march 2011 and came home May 2011 so we were in the NICU about 3 months.

BostonMomma08
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Boy

Yes

29+1

87 days

tnkrbell860
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

boy or girl? Girl: Rhylee Jessa

steriods? Yes...I can't remember the name, but the one for the lungs, I got that at 29 weeks

how many weeks were you at delivery? 34 weeks 1 day

and how many days were you in the nicu? 10 days. 

My daughter was 3lbs 15.4oz, 17in long 11.8in head cir. She came home at 4lbs 1oz. At 29 weeks I started bleeding, they said a slight placental abruption. I was put on bed rest. I was in and out of the hospital every week until I hit 34 weeks. I thought sitting at the table sorting papers was ok...apparently not because I started having non-stop contractions. They weren't bad though but because they were consistant and not stopping, in I had to go. I didn't even feel most of them, they had to tell me lol. Well this was 3am. My Dr came in the morning and said they were going to do an emergency c-section because they couldn't stop the contractions and she was breech. Spent 10 days in the NICU, counting the day I was being monitored, hospital stay 11 days. I had to go home at day 5. Today she actually had her developmental and behavioral assessment at 5 months (adjusted age 3 months, 3 weeks) She is now 12lbs 9oz (fully dressed), 24in long and her head cir is 15in. She is doing great!! The Dr actually said she is advanced even for a normal 5 month old! When she was in the NICU they said she was advanced for her 'age' as well.  How is your little boy doing? 

Addiesmommy326
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:56 AM

My daughter was born 12 wks early. Se was 2lbs and we were in the NICU two months. She will be a year old this month and is doing great! 

summers__mommy
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My water broke at 29 wks and I had to have 2 steroid shots within 24 hrs for her lungs and I was hospitalized for a month. They tried to keep her in until 34 wks but she came at 33wks because my placenta ruptured. I bled and leaked everywhere all the way up to that point and almost lost her. She was a strong one though because she was in the nicu only for 3wks. She was suppose to come home 5 days before her 3wk mark but she had a scene of apnea and she quit breathing in her sleep so they kept her for 5 more days which made it 3wks. I was in labor for like 15 hrs but for like 5 or 6 hrs of it they just kept giving me fluids because they found a uti and yeast infection I just got for being on bedrest and they thought it was because of that. When the contractions got so strong I couldn't take it then they checked me, imagine that, I was a 3. I knew it wasnt from no yeast infection or uti. Then like a few hrs and 5 pushes later she was born, lol. She weighed 3lbs and 15 oz.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN