Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coming home on oxygen

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 332 Total Views
so they are letting my little lady come home tomorrow, but she will still be on oxygen (she will be 8 days old). I wondering if any of you have gone through this, and what was it like. They said the home oxygen ppl will come to the house and set it up for me. Im so scared and nervous. I also have a 1 year old at home (will be one one the 5th). How did it go for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shadowbug33
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM
I had an almost 29 weeker. He was only on 1/32 of a liter for feedings when he came home. They also sent him home on a monitor. It was a bit stressful, but I was just so excited to have him home after over 7 weeks. I didn't take him out much bc he was so small only to his many dr appts and such it was a little hard to cart around all the equipment but again it was all worth it to be able to have him healthy n home :) good luck mamma :)!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hthrlcl
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 1:04 AM
thats what my daughter was on in the hospital, but when they hooked it up today they put it on 1/8. She is on it all the time, and we have a portable one for when we have to go out. So me and her are in the living room All the time. Its not as bad as i thought, she sleeps all the time, and just wakes up to eat. She is so calm. She has been home since 11 and hasnt cried once, but im trying to have everything ready when she wakes up.

Quoting shadowbug33:

I had an almost 29 weeker. He was only on 1/32 of a liter for feedings when he came home. They also sent him home on a monitor. It was a bit stressful, but I was just so excited to have him home after over 7 weeks. I didn't take him out much bc he was so small only to his many dr appts and such it was a little hard to cart around all the equipment but again it was all worth it to be able to have him healthy n home :) good luck mamma :)!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mchap07
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

My son came home with an oxygen tank. He was on oxygen for about a month when he didn't need it anymore. He was also put on a pulse ox monitor and another monitor that I don't remember what it was called. One went around his chest and the other around his foot. He is now almost 7 years old.  It's difficult carrying around one diaper bag with the two monitors plus a diaperbag with the regular stuff, the oxygen, and the carseat... I will just suggest you take a stroller everywhere. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:42 AM
thanks, she is now almost 6 weeks old, and she is still on oxygen...they have done test, but cant find anything wrong with her. I have a oxcemitor(sp) here at home, we only hook her up to it, when i do room air test once a week. She goes back to the dr on the 9th, and if she passes their test, then she will move to only using o2 at night.

Quoting mchap07:

My son came home with an oxygen tank. He was on oxygen for about a month when he didn't need it anymore. He was also put on a pulse ox monitor and another monitor that I don't remember what it was called. One went around his chest and the other around his foot. He is now almost 7 years old.  It's difficult carrying around one diaper bag with the two monitors plus a diaperbag with the regular stuff, the oxygen, and the carseat... I will just suggest you take a stroller everywhere. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mchap07
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Well thats good she doesnt have to be on it all the time. My son was on it day and night, i would only unhook it when I gave him a bath. I hope everything goes ok. 

Quoting hthrlcl:

thanks, she is now almost 6 weeks old, and she is still on oxygen...they have done test, but cant find anything wrong with her. I have a oxcemitor(sp) here at home, we only hook her up to it, when i do room air test once a week. She goes back to the dr on the 9th, and if she passes their test, then she will move to only using o2 at night.

Quoting mchap07:

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM
thanks, i do have a few more questions for you, so ill pm you

Quoting mchap07:

Well thats good she doesnt have to be on it all the time. My son was on it day and night, i would only unhook it when I gave him a bath. I hope everything goes ok. 

Quoting hthrlcl:

Quoting mchap07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sue.Kim
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM
My guy was a 22wkr rocking tree charts at 11oz! He came home on o2 and was officially taken off it this summer at almost 5 5yrs of age he is now 5 and may have to go back to those unsightly tanks! Hopefully she'll be healthy enough to say goodbye!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN