Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get a premie on a schedule

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

My son was born at 34 weeks 4 days and just turned 3 months yesterday. We are having such a difficult time getting him on a schedule. He stays up until 11pm and then is only sleeping 3-4 hour stretches and he hates being in his own bed. He has to fall asleep on me or my husband and then we try to put him down in his own bed. Most of the time, he wakes right up after putting him down. We are getting no rest! Any tips or advice would be great. 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
garrettleesmom
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I had a really hard time at that age too.  Now my son is 13 1/2 months( 1 year adjusted) and he has somewhat of a schedule.  Don't stress to much about it right now.  He will eventually fall into his own schedule.  You can try to have the same routines at night and he will eventually get it.

CafeMom Tickers
Bethbeth
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM

he is still so little. i wouldn't expect him to have a real schedule yet.

AmesCSki
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I have the same problem and my preemie who was born at 34w2d in April of this year will be 8 months on Saturday! She won't sleep on her own, she will fall asleep in our arms or in our bed then we move her to her crib and she wakes up and freaks out but will stop the second you pick her up. I've tried baths, books and bottles at night with her but nothing works. We are exhausted and frustrated! So if anyone has any tips please pass them on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Are they eating enough during the day? Maybe he is waking up because ether still need their night feeding. Make sure you put them down for naps in the same place you want them to sleep and keep all sleeping to a strict time schedule. Then have a night routine. Low lights, quiet talking, . At night we bathe, lotion, then lay in bed and have a bottle while I sing or tell a story. He falls asleep before the bottle is done.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amandasantelman
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I'm havin same problems momma she was born 34.2 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)