Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any moms have preemie w/low birth weight caused by preeclampsia?

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 302 Total Views
I was induced at 35.2 week and my LG was born at 3.9 lb due to my condition. did anyone else experience this? I wanna hear about it thanks mommys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
garrettleesmom
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM
My son was 2lbs 0.5oz at 32 1/2 weeks he is small for gestational age i did have preeclampsia but i dont know if this was the cause of him being small. I also had intermittent cord blood and a family history of small babies. My son i now 14 months and weighs about 18 lbs. He is perfectly healthy and on track with development, he is just small.
MMerrill
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I had an emergency c-section due to severe pre eclampsia and HELLP syndrome @ 28 weeks.  My son also had IUGR due to the pre eclampsia and was only 1lb 14oz when he was born.  He's been in the NICU 2 months and is up to 4lbs 9oz!

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Graceplustwo
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Omg im so sorry. I was in nicu for 16 days,and it was,the longest days of my life!!!,im happy your little one is growing so fast. Im sure he,will be home soon. My baby is now 12.9lb and 19 Weeks .
MMerrill
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

It's ok, it's been a long two months but he is in transition to go home here in the next week or two as long as things stay on the right track!!  Glad to hear you have a healthy and growing little one :)

Quoting Graceplustwo:

Omg im so sorry. I was in nicu for 16 days,and it was,the longest days of my life!!!,im happy your little one is growing so fast. Im sure he,will be home soon. My baby is now 12.9lb and 19 Weeks .

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

Shopgirl
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Hi Yes I had severe pre eclampsia had emergency c section at 28 weeks my daughter was 1 lb 15 oz and 14.5 inches and I was very sick. There is a pre eclampsia foundation and also if this is your first then you would be high risk if you have another. I am not having more I wish I could have a lot more but it didnt work that way and I am not going to risk it again.   Not sure where you live but University hospitals usually have preinatal high risk Dr'd that deal with this sort of thing. 

MMerrill
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Wow we have similar stories...I also had severe pre e (along with hellp syndrome), I was very very sick.  I had an emergancy c-section @ 28 weeks and my son was 1lb 14oz at birth!  How is your baby now?

Quoting Shopgirl:

Hi Yes I had severe pre eclampsia had emergency c section at 28 weeks my daughter was 1 lb 15 oz and 14.5 inches and I was very sick. There is a pre eclampsia foundation and also if this is your first then you would be high risk if you have another. I am not having more I wish I could have a lot more but it didnt work that way and I am not going to risk it again.   Not sure where you live but University hospitals usually have preinatal high risk Dr'd that deal with this sort of thing. 

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

zannahdeux
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM

I had sever pre-e and help as well as a marginal chord. I delivered at 32 weeks but he was 4.4 which was normal for that age. We spent 40 days in the nicu...but it is a year later and he is 20 pounds. Every baby is different

LaudeDaude
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 32 weeks and was in the hospital for 6 days before they had to do a c-section. My son was a CHUNKER for his gestational age, though. 5 lbs! He was in the NICU for 41 days, though, because even though I was able to get the steroid shots for his lungs, they weren't developed enough. He was on the vent for 2 weeks and then oxygen after that. He also had low blood pressure, jaundice, etc. - the normal preemie stuff. Is preeclampsia associated with low birth weight or is the low birth weight just an issue because of the prematurity?
Graceplustwo
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM
My Ob told me my LO had a low birth weight caused by my severe pre eclampsia. ,. He,said,my BP caused my placenta to malfunction and not allow her to get enough nutrients

Quoting LaudeDaude:

I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 32 weeks and was in the hospital for 6 days before they had to do a c-section. My son was a CHUNKER for his gestational age, though. 5 lbs! He was in the NICU for 41 days, though, because even though I was able to get the steroid shots for his lungs, they weren't developed enough. He was on the vent for 2 weeks and then oxygen after that. He also had low blood pressure, jaundice, etc. - the normal preemie stuff. Is preeclampsia associated with low birth weight or is the low birth weight just an issue because of the prematurity?

NiceMom06
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:50 PM
My OB told me my LO had a low birth weight caused by my severe pre eclampsia, we know he was small from his size ,since 22 weeks. He said,my BP caused my placenta to malfunction and not allow to get enough nutrients. But he was born via c section at 30 weeks, I was having a stroke and he was dying. He was in the NICU for two months. At birth he was 3 pounds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)