Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RSV vaccine.

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 427 Total Views
Whats,your take on it. Did it work for you? What are your,experiences and how long was ur preemie on it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheerwin
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

My girls were 14 weeks premature and we went to the clinics every month for their first 2 seasons.  They were never sick enough to go back to the hospital and were off oxygen (we are high altitude) after 8 months.  The needles are huge, but I couldn't imagine having them on ventilators in a hospital bed again.  I vaccinate them for everything I can because of that fear.  They are 6 now and are as healthy as their term classmates.

Graceplustwo
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM
My baby is 4 months now and gets it every month. I feel as though it has helped,alot. Being around her older brother while they were sick and she has not caught anything. I just feel bad every month to put her in pain. She was only 5 Weeks early but had a extremely low birth weight
Bethbeth
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

my twins are 5 months old, were over 10 weeks preemie, and had their first shot a few weeks ago, going back soon for #2.

each shot costs insurance about $2000, so they only cover those who REALLY need them, and only during the worst months of the year. usually you get 4 shots between november and march, depending on the year.

zannahdeux
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM

He was only covered for the first year but it was worth it. Now we have a nebulizer because he is prone to croup and chronic cough. We are doing it every night just to help lessen any RSV he may get. It has worked for us so far this year.

OBImomma
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 7:52 AM
My preemie did not get it. She was 10 weeks early, born in September. It would have cost us 500$ a month and we could not afford it. She was fine. She is 3 now and very very rarely gets sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:08 PM

My son was 12 weeks early and is still in the NICU, he hasn't gotten his first shot yet but we are definitely getting it!!!  A NICU mom next to us left a month and a half ago and is now back in the hospital in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit because her preemie did not get a vaccination and got RSV.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

navyjen
by Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

My preemie jsut got her second shot a few weeks ago.  She was 8 weeks and 2 days early.    She is getting all 5 this year.  I pray it works.  

koalasami
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

We got it for the first year and he did not get RSV.  He did get sick a couple of times and had to use a neb but no RSV...

bugygirl
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM

my dd was 10 weeks early she has her second shot at the end of this month her ped put in a request with my ins for a nurse to come to my home to give my dd her shots

CafeMom Tickers
FloresMom7
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
My son is a 25 weeker and is now 3 years old and he got his RSV vaccine every month for 2 years. After he stopped getting vaccinated for the virus, he and my other Children got RSV and although they all were really sick my preemie got it the absolute worst! His fever was so high 106.8 and he's got pneumonia very bad it took him longer to get better. I wish we wouldn't kept up with the vaccinations but after 2 years old they won't give it anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)