Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help... *** UPDATE***

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

My 5 year old son has sensory issues and could not/ would not potty train. Well for the last few days he has been peeing in the potty every time with no accidents, but he will not poop in the potty. Anyone have any advice or been through this please help. He refuses to wear a pull up except for bedtime and I'm getting tired of cleaning poopy undies.He is a former preemie.

Update: Since he started peeing in the potty there hasn't been a single accident, and as of yesterday he has been pooping in the potty on his own, he only needs help with the wiping. smile big

by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ZZsMom
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Does he care about the undies? When I potty trained my daughter, I'd let her pick out undies with her favorite characters. She thought they were so cool. I threw them away if she had an accident in them. She didn't want me to throw them away so she avoided having accidents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XandersMomma07
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM

He wants the character ones but right now his are all plain since they are cheaper until he gets better then he will pick his own out

Quoting ZZsMom:

Does he care about the undies? When I potty trained my daughter, I'd let her pick out undies with her favorite characters. She thought they were so cool. I threw them away if she had an accident in them. She didn't want me to throw them away so she avoided having accidents.

OBImomma
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM
We let ds pick out the kind of underwear he liked. He'd get mad if he pooped on Spider-Man (the character undrwear he chose). We also had a chart sndceverytime he pooped in the potty he got a sticker and after so many stickers (we kept increasing the amount needed) he got to go pick out a toy.

My dd1 is my preemie and completely potty trained herself in a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)