Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

solids and preemies

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 369 Total Views
Hey moms
Did you guys go by gest age or birth age for starting solids my LO is 22 Weeks (17 gest)
And seems very interested in food. she does everything shes suppose to at her birth age besides roll over. Whats your experiences??
Thank yoy moms( I will not be feeding her anything until at least 24,Weeks (6 months) and I am planning on doing BLW and skipping cereals and purees)

Thanks again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bethbeth
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

well, if you're doing blw, then it doesn't really matter when you start, since the baby won't get any food in their mouth until they have the hand coordination to do it. so your kid may have the coordination to do it at 6 months birth age, or maybe not until 7 or 8 months birth age.

my babies are 5.5 months birth age and 3 months corrected age. I'm planning to wait until 6 months corrected age, but they may not be ready even then.

I think a lot of full term babies are not even ready at 6 months. my dd was full term and wasn't really interested until 7.5 months.

garrettleesmom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM
My son was 6 months (4 1/2 adjusted) when i introduced squash and applesauce, he seemed ready so i tried. he only ate a little at first maybe a spoonful or 2. now at 15 months 13 and a half adjusted he eats everything we eat.
kellymom127
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM

We didn't start solids until 6 months adjust because I feel they shouldn't get them before then and plus he still had tongue thrust up until then so he couldn't eat solids even if we wanted to give him some.

AmesCSki
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My preemie is now 9 months actual 7 1/2 months adjusted and we are having a tough time with solids. I'm going to chat with the doctor about it at her 9-month appointment next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I plan on doing BLW between 8 - 10 months (6 -8 adjusted).  As for now my lo is 6 months old 4 adjusted and is doing cereals and fruits as she was wanting them.  She was ready for them.  We started them.  She has a stage 2 fruit with oatmeal for breakfast and then a stage one veggie for dinner.   She isnt quite ready for BLW ( I did this with my dd who is now 3) I journaled the whole experience.  IF you want I can post some links to my journals here to share with you.  

Graceplustwo
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM
That,would be wonderful thanks:)

Quoting navyjen:

I plan on doing BLW between 8 - 10 months (6 -8 adjusted).  As for now my lo is 6 months old 4 adjusted and is doing cereals and fruits as she was wanting them.  She was ready for them.  We started them.  She has a stage 2 fruit with oatmeal for breakfast and then a stage one veggie for dinner.   She isnt quite ready for BLW ( I did this with my dd who is now 3) I journaled the whole experience.  IF you want I can post some links to my journals here to share with you.  

bugygirl
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i did actual age dd was 4 1/2 months old

CafeMom Tickers
tnkrbell860
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM

My Daughter just turned 4 months (2.5 adjusted...I believe that's what it is...she was born at 34 weeks 1 day) She has shown interest in solids for over a month now...Just before Christmas I would give her a few spoonfuls here and there. about 3 weeks or so ago she started chowing down whole containers of Stage 1. Her pedi says she is fine to eat it as she was showing all signs and eats it with no problems. She was 3lbs 15.4oz at birth and now at 4 months 10lbs 8oz. They said if they didn't know she was a preemie they would never think it. She has been hitting all her milestones early. Holds up her head, rolls over, holds her upper body up...This kid is crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)