Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ughh not rolling over at 6 months 4 months adjusted

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

We had our 6 month well baby and well baby is growing like a weed.   She was 4 lbs 5 oz at birth and is now 15 lbs 5 oz.   But she wont roll over yet and pedi is starting to get concerned.    When did your preemie roll over.   My lo just started tolerating tummy time about a week and a  half ago as of 12/27 she wasnt even pushing up on her arms and now she is doing that really well.   I know she will get it but part of me is worried.  Ughhh preemie worries suck!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
koalasami
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I think it is completely normal to worry.  Does the baby receive any type of therapy - occupational or developmental?  Because even at 4 months she should be rolling over.  However, my 31 weeker took a long time to do all of that stuff.  But when he would start doing things he would do a lot at once.  Most kids gradually gain these skills and he would do everything in spurts.  I do think the therapy he received helped a lot though.

zannahdeux
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Babies hate to roll over... Make it a game and practice with her so she gets what she is suppose to do... Move her arm up by her head then make her roll back and forth. It's a whole body movement that she needs to coordinate. She will get it in no time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

She rolled.   3 times last night.  WOuldnt you know it the second I called early intervention to schedule an evaluation she rolls over.    I am so excited. 

savannabooker
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My dd was like that. She was born at 33 weeks and we called early intervention at 4 months when she wasn't doing the things she was suppose to. We got her into physical therapy and as soon as the PT would leave she would start doing why she was suppose to. Lol. It was almost like she need someone to say "oh well maybe she's just not ready" and then she would

Quoting navyjen:

She rolled.   3 times last night.  WOuldnt you know it the second I called early intervention to schedule an evaluation she rolls over.    I am so excited. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bugygirl
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM

my dd was 5 months actual when she rolled from back to tummy 7 months actual when she rolled from tummy to back she will be 8 months actual on friday she was born at 30 weeks

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)