Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spitting up?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

Any mom's here have trouble with their preemie spitting up often after switching to formula?   Or even just in general?

My son who is (almost) 3 months old - 5 days adjusted seems to be spitting up quite often and sometimes it's an hour or two after he eats.  He doesn't have reflux that bad anymore but this is kind of concerning me.  The doctor doesn't seem concerned but I wan't to know if any other preemie's have done this kind of thing before!?

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilaoichan
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:35 AM

My son used to spit up all the time after eating.  He has reflux very bad when he was born and still to this day (he cant lay on his back with out choking).  His dr. said when giving him a bottle try and sit him up more than lay him in your arms (does that make sense?) so that way the formula won't just sit in the back of his throat.  I hope this helps.

good luck

garrettleesmom
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My son had reflux issues and he was spitting up all the time. the dr told me to put a tbsp of rice cereal in each 2 oz of formula. It has helped quite a bit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyParent
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM
My preemie spit up after every bottle for 9 months. They said its a common problem mainly due to the top sphincter muscle in the stomach not closing all the way. They said shed grow out of it and she did. My soon was 3.5 at the time and he would always say " oops she spilled!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)