Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physical Therapy

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 204 Total Views

who's preemie had to do physical therapy? Did you see changes quickly? What was their issue? I am so overwhelmed with trying to get him fixed and don't see an end in sight since he absolutely hates his exercises :(

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
OBImomma
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM
My preemie did not need it. Don't worry he will get there. One day at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreTrio
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My preemie has been in PT since she was 9 months old. She is 28 months now. It has helped A LOT! Her gait is still unsteady and her balance is also. She wears AFO's and has mild CP. Infants don't typically respond as older toddlers because it is very overstimulating. Give it time :)

AmesCSki
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM
My preemie is almost 11 months old and has been in PT for about a month and I honestly haven't seen much come out of it yet but it may be too early. She still isn't crawling so we hope PT will help with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieinva80
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Mine started pt two weeks ago...he's starting to tolerate some of the stuff,but not all of it. It just takes time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellymom127
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

he is surprisingly tolerating more but anything new or requiring more strength he still hates. I am seeing progress in his crawling on all fours. we just got to keep working hard since he has low muscle tone so its a lot of work and a lot to catch up on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN