Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting for growth spurt!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 158 Total Views

Anyone have a preemie who is still really small? My son is 2 1/2 and not quite 35 inches tall. I haven't weighed him in awhile but I'm guessing he's about 26 or 27 lbs. I worry more about his height since there's not much I can do about that. He's super active and healthy. My husband and I aren't very tall either. I'm only 5'2" and my husband is about 5'10". Just wondering if anyone else has little ones, especially boys, who are on the smaller side. I keep hoping for a growth spurt!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AmesCSki
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
My preemie is only 10 months and weighs just 17lbs and is about 30 inches...she's still pretty tiny!!!!! I hope your preemie has a growth spurt soon!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondieinva80
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Mine is almost 6 months and only weighs 12 lbs.,6 oz. I'm not sure on his length,but I think he's only about 23 or 24 inches,so don't worry too much ,mama,he'll catch up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy-x-2
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter will be three on March 12th. She was born at 34 weeks 5 1/2lbs. She is now 32.5in and about 24lbs. As long as he is healthy that is all that matters!
My oldest son turned 5 in October and he is 35lbs and 43in tall. He is a little short for his age and very skinny. He is healthy as can be. At one point there was a possible concern for FTT, but he was walking at 9 months and got to start kindergarten a year early because he is so far ahead. He is at a first grade leve for math and reading.
Tiny people can do BIG things! :) 

mommy-x-2
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Oh my daughter was 15.5lbs 26in at a year and 19.5lbs 30in at 2 years :)
My oldest son was 19lbs 29in at a year. I think he was about 23lbs and 32in at 2, but I would have to go dig out his baby book to check.
My middle son was 19lbs 29in at a year and aprox 24lbs and 33in at 2 years. He is now 4 and is 38lbs and 39in! He is solid muscle and holy cow is that kid heavy! :)

garrettleesmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM
My son was a 32 1/2 weeker born at 2 lbs. He is now 16 months and about 18 lbs and 27 in tall. I always get comments on how small he is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN