Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Guys =)

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

Hi, I'm Franchon, from Fla engaged to the love of my life and just had a beautiful baby girl (my first child) at 31 weeks and 5 days. She was born 2 lbs and 14 oz. She was born Feb 8th but is such a strong and determined little baby and was home just two days shy of a month. So Ive had her home with me for 2 weeks =) I call her my little lioness, but her name is Ariel =)) 

Feel free to introduce yourseves to me and get acquainted! 

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MMerrill
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to the group! :)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AmesCSki
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your little one! I've got a 34 weeker who is almost a year old. :)

MABmommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Hi Franchon

Congrats on your little angel! My name is Jenn. My sonMaximus was born at 25 weeks. He is now 10 months (almost 7 adjusted). He is the love of my life.

Welcome to the group
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Frannylove12
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Thanks ladies! 

Frannylove12
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Wow, Congrats on your little miracle. How much did he weigh?

Whats adjusted age and how do I find that out?

Quoting MABmommy:

Hi Franchon

Congrats on your little angel! My name is Jenn. My sonMaximus was born at 25 weeks. He is now 10 months (almost 7 adjusted). He is the love of my life.

Welcome to the group

MABmommy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Thank you! He weighed 1lb 7oz. I will be telling his story on my new blog. www.itsapreemielife.com it's still new so there isn't much, but feel free to check it out/ follow it. You can also email me there if you have questions or just need to talk (or here too)

When a baby is premature, they have an actual age and an adjusted age. Actual is the time they have actually been in this world (based on their birthday). Adjusted is the time they should've been in this world had they been born on time. You calculate it from your due date. Most doctors will use the adjusted age for the first two years when evaluating their size/development.

Quoting Frannylove12:

Quoting MABmommy:

Hi Franchon

Welcome to the group

OBImomma
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Hello. I'm Sarah. My preemie was born at 30 weeks (we made it to 30 weeks by 34 minutes). She weighed 3lbs 11oz and was 16.5 inches long. She was in the NICU for 33 days. She is now 3.5yo and weighs 24lbs. She is just amazing!!
I have 2 other term children. A boy who is 5 (born at 38 weeks) and a girl, 6 months also born at 38 weeks.

Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frannylove12
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Oh, ok thank you! 

Quoting MABmommy:

Thank you! He weighed 1lb 7oz. I will be telling his story on my new blog. www.itsapreemielife.com it's still new so there isn't much, but feel free to check it out/ follow it. You can also email me there if you have questions or just need to talk (or here too)

When a baby is premature, they have an actual age and an adjusted age. Actual is the time they have actually been in this world (based on their birthday). Adjusted is the time they should've been in this world had they been born on time. You calculate it from your due date. Most doctors will use the adjusted age for the first two years when evaluating their size/development.

Quoting Frannylove12:

Quoting MABmommy:

Hi Franchon

Welcome to the group

MABmommy
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM
I wrote the blog down wrong. It is www.itsapreemielife.blogspot.com

But be patient with me, it may take a couple weeks to get a good amount of content posted but I will definitely post as I can until then

Quoting MABmommy:

Quoting Frannylove12:

Quoting MABmommy:

Hi Franchon

Welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)