Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:29 PM
  • 309 Replies
  • 15544 Total Views
I noticed that we don't have a place to introduce ourselves... so here we are!

I'm Jess, 25.  My son Evan is my preemie.  He was born at 34 weeks 6 days (so we normally just go with 35 weeks).  The whole pregnancy was plagued with problems: Hypermesis gravidum, complete placental previa until 34 weeks, an incompetent cervix, too much amniotic fluid, as well as preterm labor starting at 32 weeks.  His birth was extremely sudden... I wasn't dialated at all at 11 pm, and he was born at 4:34 am.  I didn't even know I was in labor until 8 minutes before he was born.  I ended up also having a placental abruption and the cord was around his neck multiple times.
I also have another child, a daughter named Natalie (she's 2 months today)... she was born at 38 weeks, so she's my "healthy" child...
There's a lot to the story of Evan's NICU stay, but I won't get into that now.

I'm your group admin (Donna is the group owner), so if you ever have a problem, just let me know!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azn_ladie82
by Member on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Hi! I'm Melissa. I'm 25 years old, happily married to my hubby of 4 years, Jordan. We have 2 boys, JJ who is 2 1/2 yrs old and Jayden who is 2 1/2 months, 4 days adjusted. He's a 28 weeker. He's the first preemie on my side of the family, big shocker. Doctors did everything they could to stop my labor but my placent was bleeding and he day before my water broke. On July 3 2007 he was born, weighing only 2lbs 12oz. He spent 47 days in the NICU. He is now 7lbs and doing well. Our little fighter.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/NICUGRADUATES http://www.cafemom.com/group/BI-RACIALFAMILIES_n_PROUD

http://www.cafemom.com/group/WESUPPORT_the_MARCHOFDIMES http://www.cafemom.com/group/babycoupons

SAmom26
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2007 at 10:04 PM
hi my name is amanda. I have a son named austin who is now 5 yrs old. Austin was a premmie, he was 2 and a half months early weighing 2lbs 11.6 oz.  He is my miracle baby!!!  seeing him in the nicu was tough, I think i even got a nurse fired from there cause a problem that my ex ( his dad) and i had. Thats another story. I am 26 and am married to a great guy who treats austin like his own son and the scary thing is that even though austins not his son they look sooo much alike.  Well anyways wanted to say hi to everyone and hope to get to know some of you.

Have a great night

Amanda
theresalm24
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2007 at 8:07 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Theresa i am 25 years old, i have 3 children ages 6, 2, and 8 months, my first was born at 24 weeks 5 days i went into labor and didnt even know it, i was just having some spotting and a little bit of cramping i went to my 24 week appointment the next day and was dialated to 4 they did an emergency cerclage and i held out another 5 days till they couldnt stop the labor anymore, he weighed 1 lb 5 ounces he was in the nicu for 4 months on the vent for 3 of those 4, my son is now 6 and just started a regular kindergarten class this year with an iep, he still gets physical and occupational therapy but he is doing wonderfully!! im pretty much here for encouragement and to offer support.. :)
kelliandray
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Hi,  I'm Kelli, mom to Ray.  Ray was our miracle baby after 5 miscarriages, and countless fertility treatments.  He  was born at 29 weeks, and spent 4 weeks in the NICU.  He is now a rowdy 2 and 1/2.
amydiane17
by Member on Sep. 21, 2007 at 2:54 PM
Hi, I'm Amy, mom of Daniel, who was born at 25 weeks weighing 1 lb 9 oz.  He spent 100 days in the NICU and came home 3 weeks ago.  We're still not sure exactly what happened with my pregnancy, but the leading theory is that I had a placental abruption at 21 weeks, which may or may not have contributed to PPROM (water broke) at 24 weeks.  Labor started a few days later, and out he came.  I had none of the risk factors associated with anything that happened.  Daniel is now 6 lbs 8 3/4 oz and doing very well. :)
Pamelas3boys
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2007 at 1:28 AM
Hi!!  My name is Pamela and I am a mom to a 4 year old (normal prego baby) and 20 mo old twin boys that entered the world at 27 weeks gestational age.  They both weighed 2lbs 3oz (which everyone kept telling me I fed them good while they were in there).  I had some serious preterm labor (on mag and all that) and then I ended up getting placenta abruptia two weeks after being on strict bedrest.  My baby boys were in the NICU for 3 months, both on vents for over a month and ended up coming home on oxygen.  They have since come off the O's and are now right with other toddlers their age . . . thank GOD for miracles right ladies!  And God Bless those NICU docs and nurses for being our heroes! 

Pamela & Her Boys!!

Micae128
by Member on Sep. 24, 2007 at 1:56 PM
I am micaela, I am 22. My son Stephen was a 27 weeker and he will be one this Sunday!!!
FnJsmom
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM
Hello everyone....My name is Luz. I'm 26 years old and I've been happily married to my husband of 4 years, Frank. We have two little boys. Frankie who's 2 years old and he was a 35 weeker. We got ver lucky with him because he was fine and he got to home with me. Now we have our Jacob who is 4 weeks old and he was 30 weeker. Nothing was wrong with him, I came down with diabetic ketoacidosis and my boys almost lost there mom.Yes, Jacob's still in the NICU but he's doing good. As any parents of preemies where  hoping to have him home very very soon.
mommysheets
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2007 at 7:29 PM
Hi everybody. My name is Niki. I am 24. With my first baby I had no morning sickness and was easy going until the night of my 26 week. I thought that I was having gas pains all night. I got up and talked to my Mom, she said I should go to the doctor. The doctor said that I was having contraction and put me on bed rest for the weekend. I went back the next Monday and I had dialated to a 3. So she said I had to be on complete bed rest. I was on tribidaline(?sp). I had to take it every 4 hours. I woke up a few nights later to take my med, and went to the potty. As I got to the bathroom I thought I had wet myself alittle. But I was bleeding. It was pouring out of me. (I had a partial placenta previa) I was rushed to the emergency room and after about an hour it stoped. I lost so much blood I had to get a blood transfution 3 units of blood! I spent the next 2 months in the hospital. and at 33 weeks and 6 days my water broke and I had my little Amber. She was completely fine. She was 6 weeks early and weighed 6 lbs. 6.5ozs!!  They put her in the NICU for observation for 5 days and she is now 4, will be 5 in Dec. My second went alot smother. I started having contraction with her at 32 week and was put on tribidaline again. Went into full labor at 34 weeks and she was born. Haylee was 4 weeks early weighing in at 8lbs 5oz!! She was put in the NICU for 5 days also. They had to give her steroids to help her breathe easier. Her lungs were alittle under developed and since she was so big it was taking alot out of her. She is now 2 and a half. They are both healthy and advanced on their learning!!! And they are both in the 90% for height and weight! thats my birthing  stories. Hope it makes sence!!
gt8ful
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Jeree and my son Xander is almost 16 months old. He was born at 31 weeks and spent 6 weeks in the NICU.  He weighed 3lbs. 5oz and was 15.5 in. long.  He has had three surgeries since birth for a doule hernia, pyloeric stenosis (projectile vomiting!!) and then a circ with hypspadia correction.  His oxygen has always been an issue and because we live at 8,000ft elevation he had to come home on oxygen which was a trial for sure.  He is healthy now, weighs about 22 lbs and is walking!! He has occupational and physical therapy since he was 9 weeks old and we still do it.  He loves it.  He is definitely a miracle baby!  I am pregnant again and of course nervous that I'll have another preemie.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

~Jeree~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)