Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I noticed that we don't have a place to introduce ourselves... so here we are!

I'm Jess, 25.  My son Evan is my preemie.  He was born at 34 weeks 6 days (so we normally just go with 35 weeks).  The whole pregnancy was plagued with problems: Hypermesis gravidum, complete placental previa until 34 weeks, an incompetent cervix, too much amniotic fluid, as well as preterm labor starting at 32 weeks.  His birth was extremely sudden... I wasn't dialated at all at 11 pm, and he was born at 4:34 am.  I didn't even know I was in labor until 8 minutes before he was born.  I ended up also having a placental abruption and the cord was around his neck multiple times.
I also have another child, a daughter named Natalie (she's 2 months today)... she was born at 38 weeks, so she's my "healthy" child...
There's a lot to the story of Evan's NICU stay, but I won't get into that now.

I'm your group admin (Donna is the group owner), so if you ever have a problem, just let me know!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Replies (311-311):
blue-heart
by on Feb. 20, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Hi! My name is Tara. I have 3 beautiful boys. My youngest, Henry, was born on February 10, 2015 at 35 weeks 4 days gestation. He spent a week in the hospital. I was placed on bed rest in November due to my cervix shortening. My water broke at midnight on February 10. At 1247 pm Henry was born. He didn't come out crying and his skin was grey. My placenta came out with him as well. I thought my baby was gone. There was a team of nurses that worked on him and after what seemed like forever, I heard him cry. He still had problems breathing. I was able to hold him for a second and then he was whisked away. He had oxygen, a tube in his nose, an IV and eventually he was in an isolete. He also developed jaundice and was placed under bili lights. By some miracle he was able to come home when he was a week old. :)
At birth he was 5lbs 2 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN