Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I noticed that we don't have a place to introduce ourselves... so here we are!

I'm Jess, 25.  My son Evan is my preemie.  He was born at 34 weeks 6 days (so we normally just go with 35 weeks).  The whole pregnancy was plagued with problems: Hypermesis gravidum, complete placental previa until 34 weeks, an incompetent cervix, too much amniotic fluid, as well as preterm labor starting at 32 weeks.  His birth was extremely sudden... I wasn't dialated at all at 11 pm, and he was born at 4:34 am.  I didn't even know I was in labor until 8 minutes before he was born.  I ended up also having a placental abruption and the cord was around his neck multiple times.
I also have another child, a daughter named Natalie (she's 2 months today)... she was born at 38 weeks, so she's my "healthy" child...
There's a lot to the story of Evan's NICU stay, but I won't get into that now.

I'm your group admin (Donna is the group owner), so if you ever have a problem, just let me know!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Replies (301-309):
MamaintheSouth
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

This was my sweet Charlie Bear in the NICU day Five.... This picture is in her nursery.

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:31 PM

My name is Erica. I am 35 years old and pregnant with my first child. Just before 22 weeks, it was discovered that I had ruptured membranes.At 24 weeks, I was admitted to a hospital that specializes in preterm births. I am just about 26 weeks now, and so far everthing is good. I still worry though because the doctor is not sure if I can make it until 34 weeks, It really scares me to know ahead of time that my daughter will be born early.At the last ultrasound,she is still right on schedule and her weight is 1lb and 6oz.

twinmomma15
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

My name is Erica. I am 35 years old and pregnant with my first child. Just before 22 weeks, it was discovered that I had ruptured membranes.At 24 weeks, I was admitted to a hospital that specializes in preterm births. I am just about 26 weeks now, and so far everthing is good. I still worry though because the doctor is not sure if I can make it until 34 weeks, It really scares me to know ahead of time that my daughter will be born early.At the last ultrasound,she is still right on schedule and her weight is 1lb and 6oz.

How are you doing?  Praying that everything is well with you and your baby!

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I am doing good right now. I have made it to almost 29 weeks so far. I have been told that if I can make it to 34 weeks, the doctor will induce me. I had an ultrasound last week. She is measuring a bit small, but not enough to cause concern. She is now up to 2 pounds, 5 ounces so she is growing.

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
twinmomma15
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Hi, I gave birth to my first babies, fraternal twin boys, in May 2013 at 28 weeks 5 days.  It was a rough journey, taking two years to become pregnant without fertility treatments.  It was a difficult pregnancy.  At only 6 weeks I began bleeding and thought I had lost our baby.  We went for an ultrasound expecting to see no heartbeat and were blown away when we saw two!  But the bleeding came from a subchorionic hematoma that was later found to be underneath baby A's sac.  The bleeding continued until 16 weeks with it becoming rather heavy with large clots at times.  Needless to say, I got alot of ultrasounds.  I did everything I could to resolve it and wouldn't lift anything and put my feet up constantly even though my doctor told me there was nothing I could do.  When it finally resolved and we found out we were having two healthy boys I became ecstatic.  But then at 27 weeks 5 days I got up to pee and felt a large gush.  I knew it wasn't urine but couldn't believe that my water had broken until I went into the bathroom and saw some mucus.  I told my husband and we drove out to the hospital and I was hoping they'd tell me I was just overreacting and it was nothing.  But indeed my fears were confirmed and my water had broken.  I wasn't yet in active labor but was admitted to the hospital.  I called work and told them I would be starting my maternity leave early.  I was to stay in the hospital until I delivered or reached 34 weeks, whichever came first.  Well, at 28 weeks 5 days I went into active labor.  I had to have a c-section because when they looked at the boys on the ultrasound baby b would not stay still.  Turns out when they did the section he was actually wedged in there and ended up with some bruising due to having to be pulled out, so we made a good decision.  The boys both weighed 2lbs 10oz.  They were born on May 25th.  One boy stayed until the last week of July and the other came home the week after his August 14th due date when I was already back at work.  I'm not precisely certain what caused my water to break so early but since it was baby A's sac that broke I am sure that the subchorionic hematoma may have weakened his sac somehow.  They are over a year old now and doing well.  I am so greatful for the NICU team who cared for them, greatful that they were born in 2013 and not 1913.  We are all so blessed to have such sweet little miracles in our lives! 

twinmomma15
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

I am doing good right now. I have made it to almost 29 weeks so far. I have been told that if I can make it to 34 weeks, the doctor will induce me. I had an ultrasound last week. She is measuring a bit small, but not enough to cause concern. She is now up to 2 pounds, 5 ounces so she is growing.

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Yay!!!  That is such great news!!!!  Keep on growing little one!!!  Praying you make it to 34 weeks but if not it sounds like she is wonderful hands!

SerpentsKiss
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I have spent nearly 5 weeks in the hospital. I will be 29 weeks on Wednesday. Her heart is monitored daily, I get blood work a few times a week to check my white blood count. Just started a lower carb diet for gestational diabetes.

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Yay!!!  That is such great news!!!!  Keep on growing little one!!!  Praying you make it to 34 weeks but if not it sounds like she is wonderful hands!

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
twinmomma15
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

I have spent nearly 5 weeks in the hospital. I will be 29 weeks on Wednesday. Her heart is monitored daily, I get blood work a few times a week to check my white blood count. Just started a lower carb diet for gestational diabetes.

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Quoting twinmomma15:

Quoting SerpentsKiss:

Hang in there!  *hugs*

emljbc544
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hi Im Beth. Mom of two. My oldest was born at 36 weeks exactly. I went into labor and they were unable to stop it on April 2, 2011 my beautiful 3lb 11oz and 17 inch long baby boy was born April 6, 2011. He is a healthy active 3 yr old and to look at him you wouldnt know how small he was at birth. My placenta had been all wrong and had problems they later decided that it had stopped working and had an abruption around 27 weeks, my ob didnt listen when i begged for them to check because something just didnt feel right to me. I had another ob at another hospital deliver him.

I went on to have my 39 week termie 2 yrs 2 days later after being induced due to sudden pre e developement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)