Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I noticed that we don't have a place to introduce ourselves... so here we are!

I'm Jess, 25.  My son Evan is my preemie.  He was born at 34 weeks 6 days (so we normally just go with 35 weeks).  The whole pregnancy was plagued with problems: Hypermesis gravidum, complete placental previa until 34 weeks, an incompetent cervix, too much amniotic fluid, as well as preterm labor starting at 32 weeks.  His birth was extremely sudden... I wasn't dialated at all at 11 pm, and he was born at 4:34 am.  I didn't even know I was in labor until 8 minutes before he was born.  I ended up also having a placental abruption and the cord was around his neck multiple times.
I also have another child, a daughter named Natalie (she's 2 months today)... she was born at 38 weeks, so she's my "healthy" child...
There's a lot to the story of Evan's NICU stay, but I won't get into that now.

I'm your group admin (Donna is the group owner), so if you ever have a problem, just let me know!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
lil_lovey
by Member on Sep. 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Karalea and my daughter Emmelina was born at 30 weeks, weighing 2lbs 8oz. Emmelina is a twin and we found out our sons placenta was not providing him enough nutrients. At 6 months I was put on bedrest and at 26 weeks we found out that he did not survive. At that moment, I wanted to be sure to do everything we could do to keep Emmelina healthy. I was given 2 rounds of steriods to develop her lungs quicker. (I am so glad I did because she wasn't even on a respirator for 24hrs!) I was admitted into the hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy due to blood pressure and pre-eclampsia. After 38 hrs of labor Emmelina and our son Nico were delievered by c-section. I cannot tell you how much fluid I had retained. Everytime I stood up it would gush out of my wound. (I know sounds disgusting) but... it took the would 1 1/2 months to heal!

Emmelina developed Pnuemonia while in th NICU and then we discovered that her diaphram pushes into her lung.  You wouldn't know that she has the condition with her lung and as she gets bigger it seems like the diaphram is getting better!  That seems to be the short version of our story!
AaronsMom78
by Member on Sep. 26, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Hi
My name is Jennifer and my son Aaron was born in Oct 2006 at 28 weeks. I had a placenta abruption and was rushed to the hospital and he was born about 30 min after I got there. I had an emergency c-section and Aaron was born weighing 2 lbs 2 oz and was 14 inches long. He came out crying but was immediately put on the ventilator. He was in the NICU for 81 days and came home 3 days after Christmas. He will be a year old on Oct 9th. He didn't come home on any monitors and never had any illnesses or surgeries while in the NICU. He is truly a miracle baby. He had the RSV shots and I kept him in all winter, and he has only had one cold since coming home. He did have pretty bad reflux for a couple months but that has gone away. He is crawling and pulling up on everything and already has 6 teeth!
Mommyof2boys126
by Member on Sep. 27, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Hi my name is Amanda....I have a son named Devon who is 5 years old....born at 41 weeks. But I also have another son named Aidan who is now 13 weeks old....8 days adjusted. He was born 3 months early, at 27 weeks. June 20th 07.. He weighed 2lbs 3oz and was 14 inch long. He wasnt due until Sept 19th. He came home when he was 36.5 weeks gestation. He came home on oxygen but just recently (Tues) came completly off of it! He is doing great though, he weighs 10lbs now and is 20 1/2 inch long. He is defently our lil miracle baby!  This pic below on the left was Aidan 5 min after he was born!  Check out my profile for more pics of Aidan....I will be posting more as often as I can.
I look forward to meeting all of you!!!
23wkrmommy
by Member on Sep. 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM
hi there my name is christina, and im 25.  my son zach was born at 23 weeks and 6 days weighing 1 lb 9 oz.  i had a PERFECT pregnancy up until the day he was born (other than the daily morning sickness until the day i delivered!)  all of a sudden i jus thad a huge cramp, and then it went away and i then i just felt really uncomfortable with light cramping.  i called my dr (it was 7 in the morning and they werent open yet.)  he told me to just go home (i had jsut gotten to work) and put my feet up put on a heating pad and take some tylenol.  so i did and called my mom when i got home talked to her for an hour, and the cramps started to get worse so i called my dr office back, and they told me to immediately go to the hospital.  i got there and was dialated to an 8 and bulging.  so needless to say i had my son that night at 7pm after getting 1 round of the steroids for his lungs.  he had a VERY rough and long stay in the NICU lastiung for 134 days.  i have a full story of that on my home page.  He is now 14 months and weighs 23 lb 6 oz.  he is still on 02 but only at 1/32.  he is my little miracle for sure!!  he is pretty close to being on track with a 10 month old.  and we go in next friday for an opthamology appt, and he will probably be getting glasses!  wish us luck with that!!  lol, i look forward to meeting all of you and getting to know about your little miracles!! 

MommyTLC
by Member on Sep. 28, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Hi, I'm Jane and my baby Zoey is a preemie just 3 weeks old. I was told that I would never have children so Zoey is a miracle.

I don't know how parents of preemies make it through the day. I can't seem to get over the fear of loosing Zoey.

I had everything go wrong with my pregnancy. My doctor said that having Zoey when I did saved my life. I just wish it didn't have to be at her expense.

I'm here hoping for some comfort from mommies who have gone or are going through what I'm going through.

HELP! :(
mattsarmywife
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 9:05 PM
hi,my name is Amanda.My son Matthew was born September 17,2007 4 weeks premature.He weighs 6lbs and 12 ounces.He is currently still in the Nicu.
Izzy23
by Member on Sep. 30, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Hi my name is Eliabeth and I am 24 years old. My daughter was born June 15 2006. My daughter was only 3lbs 11oz and 16inches when she was born. I was 32 weeks when I had her. I had a placenta abruption. I had to have an emergency c-section and then they flew my daughter to another hospital. I was lucky because she only spent a total of two weeks in the hospitals. In the first one she was there for 8 days and the rest of the time in the hospital closer to home. She only did two days in NICU and the rest in labor and delievery. I was not able to be there with her due to my c-section. I was in a lot of pain and could not travel. I consider her my little miracle baby because we both almost died that day but someone was looking out for us that day. Today she is 15months old, 25 pounds, walking, talking and as healthy as ever. I am very thankful for how lucky I am with her.
gkm15099
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Hey everyone,
I am kimberly, mom to Isabelle, Alyssa, and Makenna. They were born at 31 weeks.  They weighed 3.4, 2.6, and 3.3. They spent two months in the NICU. We were lucky that we were able to get both steriod shots before delievery and therefore only needed a vent for a few hours.  In fact, when they were transferred to another hospital 5 hours after delievery (there was no room at the NICU where they were born), they were already on the CPAP. 

Kimberly and the GA Guinn Trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com 
mamawilt0405
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 9:12 PM
Hi,

I'm Cherokee and I am the proud parent of a 29 weeker.  She was 2 lbs 5 oz at birth I had preeclampsia.  She is now 3 years old and is very happy and healthly. I also have another daughter that was full term that is 2.
mum2fourpiglets
by on Oct. 4, 2007 at 11:56 AM
hi y'all
i'm sarah 29,proud momma to 4 kids:)makayla is 6yrs old and my full term baby,then there is my 33mth old gbb triplets:)emma,warren&owen who are my preemies.they were born at 29w6d and weighed 3#8,3#10 and 3#7.
were from edmonton,ab canada
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)