Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going on a trip in a few weeks!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

My husband and I have sandrails( dunebuggies).  He goes every September for the last few years on a trip to Lil Sahara in Oklahoma.  He normally packs one of our kids and goes.  The group he goes with is getting bigger, LOL so this year they are taking wives, LOL  how nice of them.   So I'm going I just found out and so is the kids who have been at least once before but the teens have been a few times now.   8yrold  and 9 yrold have been once in march.   What's funny is almost the whole crew is going this time, my 15yr old daughter moved in w/her dad and she's not going but the other 3kids, two dogs and my brother and sis in law are going (they bought a dunebuggy but it's not finished)

We're taking my 4seater sandrail, the joyner which is 2seats and the 4wheeler my hubby is buying.     I can't wait.  Hope it all comes out the way it's planned!!  They are working on the Joyner engine b/c they messed up something last time they worked on it.  They put a snowmobile engine in it to give it more power!  I can't wait!!!! 

Next year, we have a 1 seater sandrail frame to build on and that is my lil girl's own sandrail, LOL    she's so excited to get in the garage to help dad build it but it's a winter project for next spring..

I just love speeding across the desert in my 4seater....poor hubby doesn't have one now b/c he bought and built ones for all of us, LOL   he sold his frame b/c it was cobbled up when he bought it and now he's trying to buy one ready to go for himself.    But there's alot of empty seats for the others to ride in since so many of the men have two seaters.....I'm rambling b/c i'm so excited and no one I know rides them but us and one other lady who only rides with her hubby....hopefully my sis in law gets one of her own or gets a 4wheeler!!  I sooooo ecited!!!!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lumpytwirler
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Hi, I usually ride dirtbikes and quads.  If it were left up to my husband to plan riding trips for just the guys, he would rarely go.  I'm not so sure that he is as gung-ho about dirtbiking right now.  I'm usually the one dragging our family out to go riding.   I love the smell of 2-stroke exhaust in the morning!  I couldn't imagine if just the guys went out for a trip...they would all die of starvation, 'cause no women would be around to feed them...LOL.  We usually ride in hard packed desert that doesn't need paddles.  I love it. But riding with paddles in silty sand is awesome too.  A lot of the things I might not try over hard, baked earth, I would try in the sand.  We usually ride at McCain Valley/Corral Canyon, Superstition Mountain, Ocotillo Wells, the Imperial Dunes (Gordon's Well, Buttercup and Glamis) and at Amargosa Dunes (8 hours away in central Nevada).  We've been to Dumont Dunes a few times, but it we don't like it as much as our usual spots.

I would love to get a rail, Jeep or manx to take the family out for rides together. Right now, our family members all hop on their dirtbikes or quads, and our youngest has to ride in a friend's sand rail.  Our eldest child has decided that she doesn't really like riding all that much anymore, but I think she would like going riding a whole lot more if she got to drive a 4x4 all over...especially since she's still 14 and street driving is still a ways off.

My husband and I went riding over the summer at Emerald Cove, near Parker, AZ...ugh, so hot.  I thought it was awesome though.  We had to get up around 5 a.m., and be suited up and throwing a leg over our bikes by 5:30.  I wanted to be sure to catch the sunrise, and also we had to be sure to get in a good ride before temps got into the 90's which was going to be around 9 a.m.  Our first family ride of the year will be in October, where I will be spending my 30-something birthday with friends at Amargosa Dunes, NV.  Then it's back to either Ocotillo or Superstition Mountain for the rest of the season.  I am so totally amped!  I hope you and your family have an awesome time riding this weekend.  Stay safe.

meNmine
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hi .. We ride  ATVs hubby has a can-am i haave a yamaha blaster ( its fun to catch air ) ..lol.. my son has a lil' 75cc he is 8 .. the fourwheeler has a governer to control the speed and it came with a remote control to start and stop it.. we just went on an ATV camping trip to missouri over memorial day weekend && were planing on going to alabama in a few weeks with our ATV's ,, hubbys brother lives down there and his brother that lives uphere is going with us in the same truck so he can help with gas costs and other stuff ... soo excited last time we went to alabama i didnt have my own ride..i rode with hubby and two kids on his can-am 2up,, we fit good but it wasnt comfortable  with a child on your lap going over bumps,my daughter was good about falling a sleep on the ride too. but she is older now .. i cant wait..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)