Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School ...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

Ugh I'm dreading this! Buying school clothes and school supplies for my girls. I am stressing over it already, it's not cheap! We are so broke this month I just don't know how I am going to do it ! And dd's birthday is July 28 too !

banging head into wall

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymomof2374
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I've got 2 boys that will be going back to school the first week of Aug. and I haven't even started. My kids have to wear uniforms so I don't have to buy so many clothes at one time. But my 16 year old thinks he has to wear American Eagle and I told him nope unless he was paying for them.

DPCreations
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I hear you guys...I have 2 boys in High School this year and only have about 3 wks left and NO money...I wish mine had uniforms it would be so much easier on me...

southernpixie
by Hot Group Admin! on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I'm stressing too.  My kids have to wear uniforms and I am gonna have 3 kids in school this year....I have gotta find a job soon! 

southernpixie
by Hot Group Admin! on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Oh and I have a love/hate thing for the uniforms.  It doesn't really save me money b/c I have to buy other clothes for them to wear when we go places. But the good thing is, you can buy a couple pairs of pants and  couple of shirts to get started.  However, I do think the school board should have let the parents vote on it instead of them deciding it.  Most of them have money and don't have to worry about spending money on uniforms.

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM

My kids don't wear uniforms, so I need to buy several outfits for both girls and shoes in less than a month. And dd's birthday and school supplies ! Oh my I'm stressed !!

screaming

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I bought school supplies today for my girls. They cost about $55. And then I bought them each  like 2 shirts and 2 pair of shorts, i couldn't buy much but after getting that stuff and groceries my unemployment check ( just got it today) is gone ! Broke again.....

embarrassed mini

Billsbabygirl
by on Jul. 21, 2011 at 9:56 PM
School supplies are ridiculous !!! 70.00 and it didn't even get everything on her list. Its not even like a couple folders... Its a specific brand and color. I wish I could just pay them and they could just order everything in bulk for all the students.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_JustMe_
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 9:38 AM
our schools have that. it's so much easier

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

School supplies are ridiculous !!! 70.00 and it didn't even get everything on her list. Its not even like a couple folders... Its a specific brand and color. I wish I could just pay them and they could just order everything in bulk for all the students.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Jul. 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM

If it weren't for my grandma buying uniforms for all 4 of mine and my mom always buys their school supplies, I don't know how we would do it.  They are giving away school supplies at the church across the street from my house next week, I will go and see if I can get what is left on thier list after my mom shops.  All I have to get now is new shoes for the 3 little ones.

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Jul. 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM

I didn't buy everything on their list either. I didn't buy things like copy machine paper and the cleaning supplies they requested like clorox wipes, lysol, large bottle of germx. If I had extra money I might have but goodness the acutal school supplies cost enough!

Quoting Billsbabygirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)