Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more recess?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 368 Total Views

Faith ( my youngest, 2nd grade) had to write " I will not talk without permission" 100 times over the weekend. She said the whole class had to do it. Apparently the teacher wasn't at school Friday and the class acted up with just the assistant being there. But yesterday she also told me they they don't get recess for the rest of the year as part of that same punishment !!

I think that is a little extreme!! Do you?

teacher

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Yes. I would say extreme.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suthrnrose71
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Way too extreme! I could see it for maybe a week but, the rest of the year is just insane!

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:19 PM

That is what I think too!

Quoting suthrnrose71:

Way too extreme! I could see it for maybe a week but, the rest of the year is just insane!

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM

That is too extreme.  I would call the school and talk to the pricipal about it.  How else are these kids supposed to get exercise and get out all of the energy?

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Nov. 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I think that's what I'm going to do!

Quoting Vamadia:

That is too extreme.  I would call the school and talk to the pricipal about it.  How else are these kids supposed to get exercise and get out all of the energy?

southernpixie
by Hot Group Admin! on Nov. 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM

I do think that is very extreme. I mean, kids are going to be kids. Some people shouldn't be teachers if they can't understand that. I'm not saying they should let the kids run all over them, but sometimes they get irritated too easily with the kids.  

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Nov. 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM

So Brooke, what ever happened with this?  

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Nov. 15, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I talked to her teacher. She said that they had already changed their minds about it and decided that the class would just sit out the first 10 or 15 mins of recess each day instead of the entire recess time....  I expressed my opinion about it and she said that if their behavior improved then she would consider letting them have their full recess time back. I'm thinking omg, is the entire class really that bad??? Anyway at least it's not the whole recess anymore

Quoting Vamadia:

So Brooke, what ever happened with this?  

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Nov. 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Well that's good.  Still a bit harsh.  She must not be real good with kids.  Kids are gonna be like that.  Hence the reason I no longer am a bus driver!

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM

She is an older lady and seems pretty stern. Omg I couldn't handle being a bus driver lol

Quoting Vamadia:

Well that's good.  Still a bit harsh.  She must not be real good with kids.  Kids are gonna be like that.  Hence the reason I no longer am a bus driver!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)