Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swallowing Pills

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 375 Total Views

Any tips on how to get a 9 year old to swallow her medicine? Both of the girls was sick last week and got put on antibiotics. The doctor gave my oldest pills because she said it would be like 4 bottles to take if she gave her liquid based on my dds weight. So we got pills. And it's the biggest ordeal trying to get her to swallow them. I can remember being a child and having a hard time swallowing pills for the first time.But I really don't know what advice to tell her other than, don't think about it just get a big drink and swallow lol. Any advice?

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Have her put the pill as far back on her tounge as she can and then swallow a big swallow of drink.  Works for my 10 year old.  I also have a friend who has a hard time with pills.  She gets a mouth full of drink and the leans her head back and opens her mouth without swallowing, drops the pill in her mouth full of drink and swallows all at once.  Maybe one of these ways will help.

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I have also been known to crush up a pill and put it in a small amount of drink and make them drink that.  Nasty as hell but it gets the job done.

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks so much Vamadia! I'm going to try the tips you suggested. I think they  will work for her!

Oh and the pills are like a capsule with powder in it so I couldnt crush it....

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

But you could take it apart and mix the powder in the drink, actully that is easier than crushing one up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)