Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playing Outside

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 366 Total Views

My girls love to play outside. Unfortunately we live in a subdivision and don't have a very large yard. So I can't get them like an outdoor play-set or anything. They have a kids sprinkler and a slip and slide that they really enjoy.  I want to get them something else to do out there that doesn't involve water. 

What else could they play with outside that doesn't require like a really big yard? Any ideas?

slide            hula hoop

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Mar. 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Hmmm not sure, we have always had plenty of land so that hasn't been an issue.  Hide and seek? Red Rover?  I dunno, maybe someone else can help.

southernpixie
by Hot Group Admin! on Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I don't really have any ideas either.  I live way out in the country so we have a few acres of our own.  Do you not have enough space to put a small swing set?  What about a sandbox?  You could also get them some jump ropes.  My daughter always likes doing that.  

suthrnrose71
by on Mar. 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM

It's the same way where I live. My son has sidewalk chalk, a scooter, and bubbles. He loves to write and draw on the driveway and ride his scooter up and down it. He also loves sand and I've been wanting to get a big sandbox. Do you have enough space for a sandbox? I think jump ropes and maybe jacks are a good idea, too. You could get them some kind of lawn games like croquet, badminton, horseshoes, etc. My son loves drawing a hopscotch board and playing that. 

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I wish we had room for a swing-set but we don't. Our backyard is just a big hill :( Jump ropes that's a good idea and maybe a sandbox would work too. My girls love side walk chalk too. Our concrete walkway to the house is always decorated lol. Thanks for the ideas yall.

So we ended up going to the store and shopping for outside toys. We got a golf set ( for kids),  a velcro ball that came with velcro mittens, a kids la cross set, and a bigger slip and slide. I think those things should keep them entertained outside at least for a little while ;)

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Apr. 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM

If you get a sandbox make sure you get a lid or put a piece of plywood on top, otherwise it might become a big litter box for the neighborhood cats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)