Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is ready for school to start?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 503 Total Views

I am not ready at all. We start on Aug. 7 and I haven't bought my son anything. It seems like everything comes due all at the same time. My son Cory keeps asking when are we going to Hattiesburg.  I hate going clothes shopping.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I am SOOOOO READY!!!  So tired of the bickering and fighting.  My kids go back on the 6th.  We bought uniforms last weekend, my mom is getting supplies tomorrow.  All we have left to buy is shoes.

southernpixie
by Hot Group Admin! on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I am, in a way. But I'll be homeschooling my youngest.  My daughter wants to go to school or I'd homeschool her too.  My oldest son is 15 and he wanted to homeschool but I think it's just because his girlfriend is homeschooled. I just don't think that he'd actually get his work done and he'd want to text/play Xbox all day. 

My youngest is 7 and he's totally different from my other two. I think he'd do better being homeschooled. 

preciousmiller
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

im not ready usually my daughter dont start back until aug 6 but this year it starts aug 3 so i cant get her stuff until she gets home on the 3rd

crazymomof2374
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

My son went today and got his shoes and uniforms today. I still need to get his book sack and supplies. He starts back on the 6th.

suthrnrose71
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I'm ready for my son to go back to school in some ways but, I'll miss him, at first. As far as clothes and supplies, we are 100% ready. I ordered his clothes from Old Navy and had them shipped. I've been buying his supplies a little bit here and there for a few weeks and finally got that completed this past Friday and also got his shoes. All I lack now is paying his fees on registration day, which is Aug. 3rd, and their first day is Aug. 7th. I'm so glad to have everything bought so I don't have to fight the huge crowds this weekend on the tax free days. It would have been great to get the deals but, I hate the crowds. Plus, I got a really good deal with 30% off and an extra coupon for $5 off on his clothes from Old Navy with no shipping cost either.

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

What kind of fees do you have to pay?

Quoting suthrnrose71:

I'm ready for my son to go back to school in some ways but, I'll miss him, at first. As far as clothes and supplies, we are 100% ready. I ordered his clothes from Old Navy and had them shipped. I've been buying his supplies a little bit here and there for a few weeks and finally got that completed this past Friday and also got his shoes. All I lack now is paying his fees on registration day, which is Aug. 3rd, and their first day is Aug. 7th. I'm so glad to have everything bought so I don't have to fight the huge crowds this weekend on the tax free days. It would have been great to get the deals but, I hate the crowds. Plus, I got a really good deal with 30% off and an extra coupon for $5 off on his clothes from Old Navy with no shipping cost either.

taterandmoon. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

suthrnrose71
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

We have a $5 handwriting paper fee and we pay a $25 field trip fee that covers all the trips they take during the year. 

Quoting Vamadia:

Quoting suthrnrose71:

3fabulous
by Hot Group Owner! on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I haven't bought anything for back to school yet. My girls go back on Aug 7. School supplies and clothes are expensive! I'm dreading that part of it. I'm glad both of my girls are actually going to be at the same school this year. It's been 2 years since they have both been at the same school. It just makes my life easier like when I have to pick them up from school etc. They aren't too excited about going back though lol.

Vamadia
by CrazyTater on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Wow, $25 for all field trips?  I usually fork out $20-$40 per trip....per kid (3)!

Quoting suthrnrose71:

We have a $5 handwriting paper fee and we pay a $25 field trip fee that covers all the trips they take during the year. 

Quoting Vamadia:

Quoting suthrnrose71:

taterandmoon. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

gonecrazi
by Hot Group Admin! on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I am ready as of 2:00pm today.now it is just waiting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)