Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite vacation in MI

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 7:53 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 642 Total Views
What has been your favorite vacation while living in MI?  I would have to say ours was this past summer when my step-daughter came up from KY and we went to Detroit for the weekend.  Checked out the zoo and went shopping at a huge mall north of Detroit.  It's bugging because I can't remember the name...something like Great Lakes Mall or Cross Lake....Loved it there either way.  Very special weekend and it was good way to see more of MI since I have been here.  Looking forward to seeing much more of this wonderful state!
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xansammom
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 11:47 PM

I would have to say that my favorite vacation in MI was going to Marquette four years ago. I attended NMU so it was nostalgic for me but my husband never really spent time in Marquette so I had a great time showing him around. We went to Presquse Isle Park where he went cliff diving, we climbed Sugarloaf, ate at my favorite hang-outs and just enjoyed the beauty of the lake and surroundings.

Krinky
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:42 AM
I've never really vacationed in MI. I have only been down state once! And i'm 28! I would like to go down state sometime. But other than that i like to go camping up here in the U.P. We usually don't go to camp ground we just find a place by the lake and pitch our tent. It's nice cuase th kids get so worn out from playing on the beach all day! And it relaxing for me as all i get to do is lay on the beach and be lazy!! We have beautifull fall colors up here in the U.P.
mom2boys9802
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:53 AM
angeliquevirgo sounds like you are talking about Great Lakes Crossing Mall.  I have only been there once or 2x as it is a good hour and 1/2 to 2 hours from me I think. 

Shannon
mom2boys9802 Home Page
Michigan Group Owner

Avon Representatives Group Owner

mom2boys9802
by Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2007 at 7:57 AM
We have had a lot of good vacations in Michigan.  When my  2nd son was 1 year we went to Sleeping Bear Dunes and camped.  We were on a hill on our site and my son had just learned to walk.  He practiced going up and down the hill.  Many oops but to this day he has wonderful balance and I credit it to that.  We also were surround by posion ivy and amazonly no one got any.

Shannon
mom2boys9802 Home Page
Michigan Group Owner

RunnerKari
by Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 1:44 PM
My favorite places are on the West side - Pentwater and Grand Haven in particular.  Beautiful water, great things to see and do and the people!!!  There is a very laid back and "enjoy the day" kind of feeling from the people that are there.
princesscecemom
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2007 at 1:52 PM
Oh let me see, this is difficult because we've enjoyed so many places here in Michigan. I would have to say one of my all time favorites is Traverse City and the surrounding areas. I also LOVE the Upper Peninsula. Oh, and Mackinac Island. We've had some great times in Grayling and Onaway.
angeliquevirgo
by on Feb. 26, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Quoting mom2boys9802:

angeliquevirgo sounds like you are talking about Great Lakes Crossing Mall.  I have only been there once or 2x as it is a good hour and 1/2 to 2 hours from me I think. 

Shannon
mom2boys9802 Home Page
Michigan Group Owner

That is the one!  It was huge and wish we had a chance to eat the Rainforest Cafe.  Hopefully soon.  I know there is an IKEA up near Detroit now so no doubt I will heading that way in the near future.  Love IKEA!
krielly
by Member on Feb. 27, 2007 at 9:47 AM
Growing up we'd spend two weeks the end of July at a cottage on Walloon Lake in Petoskey. We'd go with 3-4 other families and it was a great time growing up. My parents now have a place on Crooked Lake in Petoskey so we go up there a few times each summer. It's nice and relaxing.
mom2boys9802
by Group Owner on Feb. 27, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Quoting angeliquevirgo:

Quoting mom2boys9802:

Shannon
mom2boys9802 Home Page
Michigan Group Owner

That is the one!  It was huge and wish we had a chance to eat the Rainforest Cafe.  Hopefully soon.  I know there is an IKEA up near Detroit now so no doubt I will heading that way in the near future.  Love IKEA!

The IKEA is on Ford Road in Canton.  My in-laws live in Westland and I never have got the chance to go there when we are out there.  I think I will make it a point here real soon just to check it out.

Shannon
mom2boys9802 Home Page
Michigan Group Owner

Shannon's Avon Website

krielly
by Member on Feb. 27, 2007 at 11:49 AM
I live in canton (luckily far away from Ikea) and am proud to say I haven't been to Ikea yet - I hate shopping and a place where you need a map to get around just turns me off :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)