Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Avalanche Bay vs. Great Wolf Lodge

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 2551 Total Views

We always plan a trip to the GWL every winter.  The one in Traverse City.  We have never been to Avalance Bay.  In your opinion which one is better, worth the money and why? 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chefjen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM
It would depend on the age of your kids and your pocket book. I haven't actually been to either but do know people who have. I like Kalahari in Sandusky myself!!
gmkamm
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I haven't been to the GWL in Traverse City, but have been to the one in Sandusky.  This year our family went to Kalahari in Sandusky.  Depends on where you're coming from, Kalahari is awesome.  they had sooooo much to do.  We were there all weekend and couldn't do everything.

rina16
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM

No advise but how is GWL in TC for the 5 and under group? We are going in 2 weeks.

Hot Mamas use the right Car SeatBoosters are for Big KidsRear facing BFing

jns131
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM

We did visit the GWL in Traverse City. It was a blast. They have other things to do besides the slides. As for Avalanche Bay? I am not sure. I would love to go. I would love to know myself what Boyne Mtn has to offer there.

jorrensmom
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM

We have been to Kalahari in Sandusky and Splash Universe in Dundee, so I can only comment on those. Kalahari was AWESOME!!! Spalsh Universe was disappointing, very small. I have heard that GWL is nice too.

rina16
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM

We JUST got back from GWL today. It was so awesome that we stayed an extra night. lol My 3 and 5 yr olds could go on all the slides and my baby fell asleep on the lazy river. haha. The food is great. Story time was cute and fun. We had a great time and will be back after we get some more money. We are broke now. HAHA

Hot Mamas use the right Car SeatBoosters are for Big KidsRear facing BFing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)