Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

do any moms know of an organzation church ect that helps with car insurance and plates. i finally got a car but still cant drive because i dont have the money to get plates and insurance. i tried my social worker but the state is ass backwards and wont help with that or daycare unless i have a job or something saying i can start a job on a certain day before they will help. i told my worker if they would help i have a list of 15 jobs to apply at but cant because most require a car. i just dont get the system

by on Mar. 28, 2007 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PennyD
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM
http://www.lighthouseoakland.com/

Lighthouse PATH, a subsidiary of Lighthouse of Oakland County, Inc., provides empowering programs for homeless women, teenage girls and children.   From transitional housing  to life skills and educational programs are available, PATH not only helps women become self-sufficient and economically independent, but helps them to better nurture their children and build strong, loving families.  PATH services are so successful that 91% of the women who complete its programs leave with a permanent job and housing.
heatherthemom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Quoting PennyD:

http://www.lighthouseoakland.com/

Lighthouse PATH, a subsidiary of Lighthouse of Oakland County, Inc., provides empowering programs for homeless women, teenage girls and children.   From transitional housing  to life skills and educational programs are available, PATH not only helps women become self-sufficient and economically independent, but helps them to better nurture their children and build strong, loving families.  PATH services are so successful that 91% of the women who complete its programs leave with a permanent job and housing.
that does not help me with car insurance and plates that place is for women who need a home if homeless or in abusive relationships i know because when i had my first daughter i lived there..great place if you use it right.
mom2boys9802
by Group Owner on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:16 AM
Have you tried Purple Heart?  I  would think they would either help or know where to go as they take donated cars for helping people. 

Shannon
Michigan Group Owner

Avon Representatives Group Owner

Shannon's Avon Website

xansammom
by on Mar. 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM
I would contact Michigan Works. Their job is to help others find employment and part of that is assisting with the costs of getting people to work, i.e. license plates and insurance. When I moved back to MI from Oregon, I was in dire financial circumstances because my son and I fled my ex-husband who was abusive and stalking me. I was looking for employment through their office and explained my circumstances and they had this help available.
heatherthemom
by Member on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Quoting xansammom:

I would contact Michigan Works. Their job is to help others find employment and part of that is assisting with the costs of getting people to work, i.e. license plates and insurance. When I moved back to MI from Oregon, I was in dire financial circumstances because my son and I fled my ex-husband who was abusive and stalking me. I was looking for employment through their office and explained my circumstances and they had this help available.
i called them they dont have funds for that any more i have called just about everyone i could think of and their is just no funds in michigan.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)