Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michigan Bargain Watch

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 780 Total Views

Families always need to save so I thought I'd set up a post where we can post bargains, discounts, and freebies found here in Michigan and help one another save some money.  If you see something where moms in Michigan can save money and cut costs for their families please post here only.  I would also like to ask for help removing expired posts.  If you post something please come back and delete it one it has expired. 

Advertising and Promoting your own business is not allow here or on anywhere on the group.  If this turns into just a list of advertising direct sales businesses this will be deleted.

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
missmary1963
by on Jul. 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM

http://www.mypoints.com/

you read emails and can shop and you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards. I have been a member for a couple of years now and have earned some great gift cards.

mom2boys9802
by Group Owner on Jul. 17, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Quoting missmary1963:

http://www.mypoints.com/

you read emails and can shop and you earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards. I have been a member for a couple of years now and have earned some great gift cards.

I too do this.  Been a member for years. 

Shannon
Group owner:
Michigan Group, Moms With Anxiety & Depression, Avon Indpendent Sales Representatives, Mom-ME-TimeKlager Elementary School -  Cafemom, Manchester Middle School - Cafemom
Group Administrator:  Real Work At Home Moms, Moms in Sales or Direct Selling

Please visit my website (www.YourAvon.com/skurgin) to purchase Pink Ribbon Products for Breast Cancer.  100% proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research

jns131
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Go to shortcuts.com and add your coupons to your Kroger card. Also, go to Meijer.com and look at all the specials. You add what you need and then print out the shopping list. I am also finding Wal Mart has the cheapest soy peanut butter on the market. Tyson chicken strips? Are the cheapest I have seen them at Wal Mart, this includes coffee creamer.

Go to my points and sign up, then look for their coupon section. You will get points for checking off coupons you need. I went to Kroger and Meijer 2 weeks ago. I bought $100 in groceries? Spent $50. I had $15 in coupons and bought everything on sale. At Meijer I saved nearly $30. Just gotta know where to go.

Our Wal Mart currently is accepting competitive grocery store fliers. Ours is. Might want to see if theirs is. Be careful though, some things are more expensive then what is found at Meijer. Happy Shopping!!!

COGMOMJen
by Group Admin on Mar. 17, 2010 at 11:25 PM

You can go to www. freecyle.org to find your local freecycle group.  You can offer stuff, ask for stuff or just reply to offered stuff lol.  We've gotten many things we needed, for free as well as gotten rid of huge items like couches thru our local group.  Great way to recycle your old items too.

amanda_23
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I have used freecycle for a few years. It comes in handy when your spring cleaning saves trips to good will.

sweethonesty520
by on Jan. 24, 2011 at 9:24 PM

WOW I WISH NASHVILLE HAD THESE KINDS OF BARGAINS ,,, ALL I CAN OFFER IS HERE IS A SITE WHERE YOU CAN GET FREE STUFF ALL THE TIME . YOU CAN EITHER PRINT THE COUPONS OR THEY WILL MAIL THEM TO YOU ... THE SITE ADRESS IS FREEBIES.COM ..CHECK IT OUT LADIES ..NOT MUCH IN LIFE IS FREE SO WHEN YOU CAN GET SOMETHING FOR FREE I SAY JUMP ON IT  ...

Vix920
by Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I use mperks.com - you can add Meijer coupons to your cell phone and use your cell number when you cash out as electronic coupons. They also send you text messages of deals, like $5 off a $20 purchase, randomly.

COGMOMJen
by Group Admin on Feb. 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I just discovered mperks!!  Used it a few weeks back to get 20% off a whole cart of stuff.  Meijer is on facebbook too and will post big sales and when the gas price is going up.

Quoting Vix920:

I use mperks.com - you can add Meijer coupons to your cell phone and use your cell number when you cash out as electronic coupons. They also send you text messages of deals, like $5 off a $20 purchase, randomly.

JenD  SAHM, Homeschooling, Baking, Sewing, Conservative,  Green momma of 4 great kids.  Join me on my blog and Cafe Mom groups: Christian Frugal Living . Sewing Modest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)