Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Granholm a potential candidate for SCOTUS?!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

I just heard this morning that Jennifer Granholm is being considered as a potential candidate for the Supreme Court.  Hmmm......

by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessi_andrew
by on May. 25, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Only reason why I would be for that is to get her out of our State.

MTmomfromMI
by Member on May. 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I could be wrong, but I hear enough democrats don't like her that she does not have much of a shot.  She has only what 1-1/2 years left as governor, then we can be rid of her!!!!  Better that than making lawmaking decisions like being a US supreme court judge.  She could wrek hovac nationally instead of just Michigan.

I know that we cannot blame everything on her, but really....

jns131
by on May. 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Nope, I heard someone else is in the running. I really hope they cancel her out. She is a no good lame brain idiot that would run that position into the ground. I really hope once she is out of office she goes back to Canada where she rightfully belongs. I can't stand the toad.

DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on May. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

She shouldn't be a candidate for anything.... still don't understand why she was was re-elected this last time around.  Totally baffled.   

michiganmom116
by on May. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

There's a lot of speculation right now.....Read THIS

...from the article:

Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, though, said Obama showed his cards last week by repeatedly stating he wants a nominee with "practical" experience. 

Kristol, one of the few who predicted GOP presidential nominee John McCain would pick Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate, told "FOX News Sunday" he thinks Obama will pick Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm to fill the vacancy. 

Granholm, who went to Harvard Law School and also served as Michigan's attorney general, could have the "empathy" Obama is looking for since she leads a state hard-hit by the recession. 

Plus she would diversify the professional background of the Supreme Court, where appeals court experience is the norm for members. 

"I think it would be a pretty easy confirmation in the Senate. They tend to like their fellow politicians," Kristol said, guessing Obama would make the announcement Tuesday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)