Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is you career/business and how much do you make a month?? Do you love it?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 1629 Total Views

Just curious what some moms here do to make a living.  What business or company or you working for?  How much do you profit a month??  do you love, hate or is your job just ok?  If you could change careers right now would you and if so what kind of business or career would you start instead and why???  Just bored and wanted to start a new topic =)

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZanderandBella
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It Works. The average pay for my rank is $6035 and I am very close to the next rank which average is a little over $10,000. That doesn't include any sales or anything else I do. I love it. It is busy and is a full time business but I wouldn't change it. I will be doing a sideline type thing as a motivational speaker eventually. I want people to believe in themselves and change their lives in whichever way they are meant to. It Works gives me that opportunity. :).

WildCat73
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Cannot find anything yet that is not costing me money. I need real work not scams or pyramid schemes. I really need to make some money. 

joinTStoday
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I absolutely LOVE what I do!! I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple and can't imagine my life any different.

The money I make is an average of $100-$150 for 2 hours of "partying" and I also make a GREAT monthly Leadership check.

My only regret is that I signed 5 years ago...and wish I started sooner.

Tastefully Simple Independent Consultant

Team Mentor

www.tastefullysimple.com/web/chayden1

carahayden@comcast.net

extremelibrary
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I sell children's books. I like it alot. I do this on a part time basis.  Pay varies depending on how much I sell. I love the variety of books.

1piper23
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I love my job, I am a founding member of Solavei. No parties and no inventory. It is great all I do is talk to people on the computer, phone or in person and show them how to get free unlimited cell service and help them to make money doing the same. It is residual income, so it just depends on what you want to do with it, you can make as little or as much as you want, from just getting your own cell service free to making $20,000 a month. I am working on a $5000 a month mark over the next month or two.

http://www.affcellservice.com/

18hearts
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I sell AVON and currently make between $450 and $500 a month. My goal is to make $650 a month by the New Year. I have friends who sell who make $750 a month.

I just wanted to add that I am a leadership candiate but do not make any money off of my team at the moment. None of my recruits are in leadership and they each make about $300 a month and they are all in their 5th campaign and only sell part time.

I don't keep any inventory on hand aor do  any parties.

ZanderandBella
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM
8 moms liked this

I used to think the same way as you till I realized the difference between real pyramid schemes and network marketing.

Everything is a pyramid. The difference between a job pyramid and network markteting/direct sales pyramid, is we have incentive to help our team succeed because we earn off of the WORK they do. It's about working smarter not harder. Would you only open 1 restaurant and work it or would you hire 10 people to open 10 separate restaurants and work it? I got passed the mind set of 'real' work and now I earn more than most of my family. Direct sales/network markteting is real work and it takes a lot of dedication. You are also buying into a franchise essentially. It will cost money to start but you will get something for that. If you don't, don't sign up. You should get a kit of some sort.

Quoting WildCat73:

Cannot find anything yet that is not costing me money. I need real work not scams or pyramid schemes. I really need to make some money. 

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, WAHM with It Works! Global (Double Diamond!!!)

Those that assume working from home with a home business will be easy will be learning that it's not the case at all. Working from home will take self-motivation, often working at times you'd least expect, and will have ups and downs just like any other business out there. Those that will be successful are the ones willing to treat their business as a business and ride the rollercoaster. It's a fun ride and worth every moment.

amckechnie
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I work from home and agree that it does take discipline and self motoivation.

You are your own boss and schedule your hours:)

I ama Senior Director and make consistently around $7,000 a month. My company also pays for my car payment. My income is very conisitent and reliable, and increases every month as I have a 95% reorder rate . I love what I do as I help  and coach Moms to stay at home with their children and provide for their families...no bettter mision than that  :)

Anne

NouveauSkin
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Hello.. I am a consultant with Soylicious candles.

Soylicious is an exceptional soy candle company.

I am a wahm of 3 teens and work my business on and off during the day in my spare time.  I do most of my work online promoting the business opportunity and products through free advertisements, blogs, and social media groups.

What really drew me to Soylicious was the .99 cent signup special!  You really can't beat that.  After that it is only $4.99 per month for your own personal website.

There are no home parties required.  No quotas.  No kits to buy (optional kit choices available).  You can promote your business online, do book parties, online parties, home parties, fundraisers, fairs/fests.. whatever you chose to do.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions at   alisonaboers@gmail.com

Have a great day!

wahmofone
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Hello :)

I think you should be asking yourself what you want to make and then find something that makes sense to you!  For me I didn't want to do parties or sell products so I found a company that was service based and 100% from home.  I have been working from home with AmeriPlan for 5 years and make close to six figures :)

Jayme Boyles

Successful Work at Home Mom and Coach

Want to be a Successful Work at Home Mom?  I can Help!

Click Here to Request an Interview

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)