Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Direct Sales and Intoverts

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 1098 Total Views

What is everyone's opinion on introverts doing direct sales? Do you think they should continue to do direct sales or find something else?

I keep reading over and over in books and online about this. Just wanted to know others opinion on this.

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZanderandBella
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I think they just need to get out of their shell. Direct sales is for anyone who is willing to put in the effort. I think that if it's something they are passionate about, then yes, they should continue lol. 

tonib819
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I agree, I never thought in a million years I would be doing direct sales! I love the products I sell and my customers do as we'll so that's a plus and knowing the possible amount of residual income that is attainable makes you Want to talk to everyone you see!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
consumerswin
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Hi extremelibrary,

are you speaking specifically about yourself?

Chloe

extremelibrary
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes and no. What I mean by that is I read about this in books and online. Plus, I notice I'm having trouble with direct sales in general. I've always had this issue. I do way better selling online such as on Amazon.

Quoting consumerswin:

Hi extremelibrary,

Chloe

snevins61105
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

What Direct Sales company are you with?  If you are having troubles, it may not be you.  It may be that the market is already overstaturated with that type of product or your area is already oversaturated with reps for that company. 

I, also, never thought that I'd succeed in Direct Sales.  I'm no 6 figure salary direct sales person but I consider myself successful because I have a great customer base and continue to gain customers.  I also work a full time job so I limit my parties/events to 1-2 a week and there hasn't been but maybe 5 weeks out of the entire year that I haven't had an event and when that happens, I usually have 2 booked in the same week in a month to make up for it. 

It definitely helps to have a product that keeps customers coming back for more.  For example, I sell Miche.  We have new releases every month so ladies come back to me on a monthly basis to get the latest shell/handle/accessory/etc.  Food and candles are another great product that keeps your customers coming back for more but I have also found that the market is oversaturated with reps for those products too.

Tell us more about your struggles with direct sales and maybe we can give you some pointers.  Or if you feel more comfortable, feel free to PM me about them and maybe I can help!

Quoting extremelibrary:

Yes and no. What I mean by that is I read about this in books and online. Plus, I notice I'm having trouble with direct sales in general. I've always had this issue. I do way better selling online such as on Amazon.

Quoting consumerswin:

Hi extremelibrary,

Chloe

Do you love purses? Are you looking to earn extra money? Contact me about Miche! Purses with interchangeable shells! Check my website out at

https://snevins.miche.com/
mlrvail
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I think anyone can do anything if it is helping them reach their dreams!  I am in direct sales and it has takingme a while to learn and be comfortable with asking people and sharing information but I'm doing it now.  Plus it is something I love to do and I believe in the company I work with.  so make sure it is your passion but I truly believe anyone can do it!

parkfit
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I quit my job unexpectedly a couple of years back and decided to take a short amount of time off and do something totally out of the box for me.  I chose to sell jewelry, because I love it, and I'm very shy.   My family has been amazed at the change in me over the past 3 years, and I am now a manager and only work part-time at my paralegal job. 

As they say, you will only look back and regret the chances you didn't take.  What is the worst thing that could happen?  You earn back the money for your starter kit and find it isn't for you.  If that's the case, that's fine, but you may find, as I did, that you love it, and it will change your life. 

Am I still shy and introverted?  In my head, yes, but no one else believes it when I tell them.  You're capable of much more than you know.  Go for it!

extremelibrary
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Where is everybody getting that I'm not passionate about my products. I'm very passionate about what I sell. I sell childrens books. Our family(including myself) LOVE books. It's hard because I don't drive and don't have childcare. I had better luck selling online such as Amazon.

amckechnie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I work from home with many people of different personality types and as long as you have a warm market which even introrverts do like my son,  it does not matter what personality type you are.....:)

gbender0207
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I THINK YOU SHOULD CONTINUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)