Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I beg you to read this short prayer.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 262 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Dear God,

something horrible and tragic happened to many families in Connecticut today. There are at least 18 dead little kids in that elementary school and several staff who died trying to save them. I ask you today to bless and comfort the members of those families. I ask that you throw the biggest, funnest party ever for your newest members of heaven. I ask that you show justice to the monster who committed the crime. I ask that you show mercy and comfort to the law enforcement and medical team who are there trying to sort through the bodies of children and keep themselves together. I ask that you guide the rest of this country in a nationwide effort to protect our children, friends, and other family from future harm. I ask that you touch the hearts of politicians who can make a difference. I ask that the arms of Jesus be around all the parents, siblings, and friends of those who so needlessly died. And finally I thank you so so dearly that my precious little girls are safe at home with me and for all the many blessings I take for granted every day. I thank you for every smile and every laugh. I even thank you for the frustration I sometimes feel because at least it means my babies are alive and healthy enough to get on my nerves sometimes. There is no greater joy in a person's life than the joy provided by their child and no greater pain than the loss of a precious child. There is so much my heart wants to say and though I can't find the words I know that you hear them anyway. Let your peace find these families. Amen.

by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mlrvail
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Extremely touching and well said!! Thank you for sharing as we all trying to deal with this in our own way!  Make a committment to hug and kiss your children daily and to spend more time with them as we never know what life will throw our way!! Thoughts and prayers to all the families and people affected by this horrible tragedy!

Amtwirls
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Amen from Colorado. It was like Columbine all over again.  Please take a minute & visit the Rachel's challenge site.  The uncle of Rachel goes to schools all over the US and tells her story and asks kids to take the challenge. Feel free to even contact him.  He loves what he does, so don't be surprised if he comes to CT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN