Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Staring to feel overwelmed and wanting to give up!...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 604 Total Views

So I have started up my own photography business and it seems to be going well. I've had about 5 shoots and it all went great. My husband or my mother watched our son while I was taking photos and setting up the scenes. Now that I need to edit I am all the sudden finding myself juggling my 6 month old son and my work. My husband has helped some but he feels that he should get his time. Well he does get his time. He bowls several nights a week, anywhere between 2 to 4 times a week. Now I am at my moms and I am still watching over my son because they are doing whatever.

How are does the ladies of this group handle/juggle this?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tools4mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I work from home as well :0)  I have two older school aged children and then my 3 year old twins. It's usually just me and them at home during the day until school gets out and my husband comes home. I find that it helps me to give them my attention for the first part of the day and then when it's quite time like nap time or they can watch some tv then I spend my time on the business.  I think the key to it is finding a way to be consistent on an ongoing basis and figure out what kind of flexibility works best around your little boy.  Definitely take advantage of those nap times and evenings when he's hopefully in bed. I wish you the best!

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I will definately make sure to take advantage of those times! :-)

Quoting tools4mom:

I work from home as well :0)  I have two older school aged children and then my 3 year old twins. It's usually just me and them at home during the day until school gets out and my husband comes home. I find that it helps me to give them my attention for the first part of the day and then when it's quite time like nap time or they can watch some tv then I spend my time on the business.  I think the key to it is finding a way to be consistent on an ongoing basis and figure out what kind of flexibility works best around your little boy.  Definitely take advantage of those nap times and evenings when he's hopefully in bed. I wish you the best!

reux
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

With your son being so young, I think you're stuck with most of your editing during nap time, after bed time, before he wakes up. You may have to cut back on the number of shoots you can do in a row. It's a tough balance, it really is.  I'm currently teaching online part time and it's hard. My child is 3 so able to play quietly or watch a cartoon for short periods of time while I work. I really only work around 5 hours in an average week (and 1 of those is when my husband is home). 

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Thanks! I'm starring to learn that my son as easy going a he is wants mommy most days and feels more comfortable when mommy is around

Quoting reux:

With your son being so young, I think you're stuck with most of your editing during nap time, after bed time, before he wakes up. You may have to cut back on the number of shoots you can do in a row. It's a tough balance, it really is.  I'm currently teaching online part time and it's hard. My child is 3 so able to play quietly or watch a cartoon for short periods of time while I work. I really only work around 5 hours in an average week (and 1 of those is when my husband is home). 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reux
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Yeah. He'll get more independent as he gets a bit bigger.  It gets a little easier. I wish there was an easy way for me to work more without affecting my DD. I think I'd have to sacrifice some of my precious sleep. ;) 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Thanks! I'm starring to learn that my son as easy going a he is wants mommy most days and feels more comfortable when mommy is around

Quoting reux:

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Lol that I have done. Until I managed to get a little cold now I have been sleeping more often. Thank good hubby had a 3 day weekend so he was able to help!

Quoting reux:

Yeah. He'll get more independent as he gets a bit bigger.  It gets a little easier. I wish there was an easy way for me to work more without affecting my DD. I think I'd have to sacrifice some of my precious sleep. ;) 

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting reux:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RenderitDone
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Just don't give up.  Period.  Make whatever changes you need to make, but keep moving in the right direction, even if you have to slow up.  Just don't quit! 

Good luck to you - you can really do it!

lorriekueffer
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:52 AM

How much time are you needing to find in your schedule? The more you can do organized planning, and know what kind of time blocks you need, the more you can schedule that in your day. Would an hour every day be enough? Can you wake up an hour early before your baby wakes up, and really be able to devote that to your editing? Could you negotiate with your husband that if he would help out more first thing in the morning, to give you one or two solid hours of uninterrupted time, that you will gladly send him out to bowl in the evening? I know there are always variables, but I think the more you are concrete about what your needs are, the easier it will be to find and ASK for that time. Best of luck to you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)