Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you leave the TV when you are working at home?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 477 Total Views

I used to be bad about automatically turning the TV on when I was home, just out of habit I think. Ididn't even watch much of it. But with my home-based business, I never have the TV on  anymore. I find I am much more productive, and I enjoy the quiet. I focus better and I don't have the distractions. I don't typically turn it on until the National news in the early evening.

Do you like a home with a TV on when you are working at home? Or do you like it quiet.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Supermum311
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quiet, but never get to have that as my children make enough noise...we don't need to add to the noise level, lol!  :-)

ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
We don't have cable so there's really no point in having it on. I'm not a fan of the tv
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumamy
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Sometimes for a bit of background noise. I usually have music on.

mandaboo99
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Theres always some kind of noise going on at my place. I have two toddlers and a teenager so its pretty busy. I try to set my work hours to nap time and after bedtime, but usually the tv is on for background noise. Or Ill sit with hubby on the couch while I get some work done and he watched tv or plays a video game.

mlrvail
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I do NOT like the tv on when I'm working from home.  I take my home based business seriously and when my kids are  napping, I get to work.  I have to make the most out of that time.  I figure there is no sense in wasting electricity if I'm not going to watch it.  Sometimes I will put the radio on quietly.

AdiGraceMommy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I agree with you about being more productive without the TV on.  I also am not a fan of my daughter watching much TV, though I must admit that it can sometimes provide easy entertainment in a pinch (hellloooo DVR Backyardigans!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)