Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help building up my business?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 769 Total Views

I have been trying to build my Body By Vi business up from the ground. I have a medical condition that makes me stay home most of the time. I really need help I have been doing this for a year and nothing but one customer. I talked about on Social Media and shared pictures. I have sent people samples and got back to them and nothing I am so lost. I have tried to host a party but no one comes usually. I am about ready to move and hopefully can get more people involved in that town than this one. This there any advice you can give me to help me succeed. I need to does this for my family, they need a better life and a better mom in their life. I am trying to get help for my medicial condition but it is hard when I have insurance but they won't pay any of it and the visit costs 220 dolllars and I have to have that the time I go. I really need the help.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reach4thestars
by Laura - Head Admin on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Hey Girl!  

Do you have a team or upline that helps you?  

My team is phenominal and is there all of the time to help me succeed.  I hope your's is there to help you too.  

Feel free to message me.  I'd love to give you tips and advice.

Laura 

Cheers to Your Success!

Laura Gelnett

Helping Moms Create True Success From Home 

www.ReadyForANewFuture.com  

ZanderandBella
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this

It's all about the numbers. Meet and talk to more and more people. Are you giving too much information? I'm not with BBV but I've noticed that when I told my gals to keep it simple, things grew better. Sometimes we want to give them all the info up front and that causes people to back away. I know you have medical issues but could you possibly do a craft fair or expo?

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, WAHM with It Works! Global~ The Body wrap company
There are people that will tell you that you can't do it. They will even try to hold you back. However, it only means THEY can't do it. You can do anything you set your mind to and are willing to work hard to get.

kflemino22
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Having a home based business can be hard and getting it off the ground can even be harder.  I agree with Laura that having a Team Leader/Upline that is willing to help makes a huge amount of difference.  I have seen a lot of growth in my business and I just started in November, but the team I am on is SO supportive and there is so much free training to help.  Without that, I don't think that I would be where I am with my business right now. I would love to talk more if you want some more advice.  Feel free to message me anytime.

~Kim 

lorriekueffer
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi Starry...I also agree with Laura that your upline may be a big help, and not to be afraid you are bugging them.  Remember they do better when you do better, so you all help each other.

Maybe these suggestions in the meantime can help. Since you said you have a medical condition that keeps you at home most of the time, it's going to be hard to meet new people in person. You will really need to rely on phone calls and the internet.

Before you send anyone your samples, do you call them first? I suggest calling them, telling them you have  something you would like to share with them, and if you were to send them a sample, would they be willing to try it? If they say yes, ask them when do they think they could try it by...within a week or two? And confirm, "So if I send you this sample, you could try it by next week?" Most people will say sure, no problem. Then confirm again, and say "That would be great. Can I call you back to get your feedback, in a week, would that be okay?" NOW, you have their permission to send the sample, and their confirmation they will try it, and confirmed you can call them back. You have a mutual agreement, and you're not pestering them. If they have no interest to start with, no sense in wasting your time or your samples. 

Also, my guess if you've called all of your warm market since you've been doing this a year. Since we don't like to bug our friends and family, use the 3rd person approach to contact friends and family, or even new contacts.  Don't ask them to try your product, but ask them if they know of anyone who may benefit from your product. That way, they are off the hook, they don't feel put on the spot, but they may know of someone who would benefit from your product. The less you say, the better. Let your company tools do the most work for you, website links, DVD's, samples, whatever they provide for you.

With your social media, be careful not to 'spam' people with your product. I follow the 1/3 rule. Post 1/3 personal (not too personal, but light-hearted postings) 1/3 philosophy (such as inspirational quotes, things that are meaningful to you) and 1/3 business.

I'm not Body by Vi, so I don't know your product, but maybe these few suggestions will help. If you want more, let me know.  Best of luck to you!

stljwwoman
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

HI Starry,

I wrote this on my blog http://onlydebontheweb.com/lead-system-for-mlm/

The title is the fortune is in the follow up. 

Also this is the best place for you to learn internet marketing start

here & it's FREE information.  Also the best information you can get.
http://dkbrown.the7greatliesofnetworkmarketing.com

I hope this helps you.

Deb

I was a professional Nanny for many years! Still a mom of a young child because mine were born 12 years apart. Please check out my blog on working from home! http://www.onlydebontheweb.com 

Work from home with Deb @ http://www.successwithdeb.com 

Starry412
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Ok so I am now finally writing. I have been packing the past couple of weeks so busy with two kids and packing. My medical condition is Bipolar so I have trouble forming relationships and going out. I just need alot of help and I have tried to talk with my upline and nothing more. I am working on not letting my Bipolar run my life. I am so lost of how to approach people, I can do it to people I know but if I don't I'm lost. I really need to get this off the ground for my family.

jjmom5
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Its very hard to start a business, but don't give up! Keep talking to people! I am concerned tht you do not get more help from your upline. I would die without mine!

I hope things turn around soon!

Gina Coleman

http://www.ginacoleman.iamlimu.com/

Starry412
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I think she has somewhat stopped trying right now because I am not in a town that wants to try BBV. Also she has been slowly not saying really anything about it anymore either. I have a meeting with her once we get settled in to talk about all of this. I am just trying to get advise to help me too. Also if anyone knows of books that I could that helped them out on starting a business let me know please.

ItWorksMom495
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not trying to bash body by vi in ANY way, but honestly I have had many customers switch from body by vi to IT WORKS and our Profit Shakes are rated Number One on the market and even beat out body by vi. My story goes back a few years to 2009 when I had met the man of my dreams! I had always been just the average mom. I never had to worry about what I ate, I never had stretch marks after my first child, and I was always in perfect health and at the perfect weight. It actually wasn't until my wedding day in October 2009 that I had noticed I gained a few pounds and started getting stretch marks on my inner thighs. Still, I never really thought anything of it and I guess I always just assumed that since my body style was so slender that I would never have to worry about gaining weight. I never thought that would happen to me! Long story short, my health went downhill, I started thinking something was "wrong" with me because I was gaining weight so fast and my husband and I were trying to conceive for a year with no luck. Well, 1 year turned into 2 and still no luck. Before I knew it I went from 130lbs up to 165 lbs. After about 2 ½ years my husband and I FINALLY found out we were pregnant! I gained even more weight other places than my belly too, and I had stretch marks EVERYWHERE from the pregnancy. I heard about ItWorks in April of 2012 when I was 9 months pregnant with my second son. I was at a women's expo, and found the wraps intriguing but wasn't able to do them since I was pregnant and about to deliver. After my son was born, I went back down to about 160lbs. Well, before I knew it, 160 tuned to 180 and those stretch marks looked even worse not being pregnant. I was the biggest I had ever been and couldn't stand it anymore, I was disgusted when I looked in the mirror! I couldn't believe I let myself go so much! I had no energy, I drank coffee all day,  I ate junk, I didn't have the time to work out with a newborn, and I napped 2-3 times a day. I started seeing these crazy wraps more and more and hearing about it so much I decided to look into it. It took me months to finally decide to check it out. I planned my first wrap party for the beginning of January 2013 so that I could try these wraps for free. I found out that Itworks had A LOT more to offer than just a wrap! About 2 weeks after setting my party I decided to join the team. I still don't know why I decided to, but I felt like it was calling my name and I couldn't stop thinking about it! I ended up signing as a distributor on December 31st 2012. I did my first wrap on January 1st 2013 and got AMAZING results! After 4 total wraps, my stretch marks are now not even noticeable! 2 days after my first wrap I started on my Greens. The greens have changed my LIFE!! I got my energy back, I sleep better, after about 3 days on the greens I no longer needed coffee throughout the day, I no longer need naps, and after a week I stopped getting cravings for junk food and soda! My skin cleared up so much and I feel so amazing that now I don't want to "sell" people these products, I want to SHARE with people these products! I went from being 180 lbs, to 148 lbs in just a couple months and I am STILL losing weight! As you can see, these products are changing my life and will still continue to! I have only just begun my story and I am so excited to be able to see how ItWorks is now changing the lives of the people around me! I love myself again and I LOVE the way my life is going and my future looks bright and clear again! I have gotten $1000 cash in my pocket, $500 in BONUSES, Went Ruby rank, and also got a check of $600 in my FIRST month!! If you want to join my It Works Family go to my site https://crystaldyas.myitworks.com or add me on FB: Crystal Booth-Dyas and I would be happy to tell you more about this amazing opportunity to change your life!

AcaVie
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Here are the tools you can use. Good Luck. We value people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)