Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about TTC again after loss

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

I recently lost my precious angel son. I was 39 weeks pregnant.  Absolutely no reason why his heart stopped. Autopsy came back clear as can be. Perfectly Healthy.

We will be TTC again as soon as everything is healed up physically and of course when we are emotionally ready.  I was just curious how anyone how has had a similar loss, how your doctor handled your next pregnancy? I have heard from a few people that their doctor induced/c-section @ 37 weeks and didn't let them go full term to 40 weeks. Others say it was just like a normal pregnancy. And i've heard they monitor you as if you are high risk.

What was your case?

Are you considered high risk after a loss such as mine?

I'm just trying to read up on everything and prepare myself ahead of time because as much as we want to try again ASAP, we are soooo scared.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
toobusyw3
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Sorry for your loss.  We lost our daughter when i was fourty weeks. when i finally did become pregnant they monitored me more closley. i think at about 20-25 wks they started to do non stress tests. Which monitors heart rythm and movements. I was doing them weekly right up until i delivered. I hope this answered your question.

sweet_pea_1116
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I lost my first at 37 weeks and also had no reason for it. My 2nd pregnancy I was considered High risk and had to go to a bigger clinic/hospital about 45 min away. At then end of the 2nd trimester they started doing NST's and having me do kick counts and if my ds failed a kick count I had to go up to the clinic and do a NST. At 36 and 37 weeks they did an amnio to check on lung development but bc both came back negative we had to wait till 39 weeks hospital policy. But my son came out safe and sound on Sept 23 08.  

PigletsAngel
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I am sorry for you loss, I lost my angel Carter at techinically 38 and half weeks.  I wasnt due with him until June 25th but due to him being my 3rd and I had csections with my other 2 he was a scheduled csection June 19 and I lost him on June 14th, due to a true knot. I guess my story is a bit complicated because we were done having children, I was almost 35 with Carter. So we were on 2 forms of birth control, we had sex once and take in Mind this was June I lost him, I had Sex in Aug and I found out the 2nd week in Oct I was pregnant again. Talk about shock, I was very high risk with this pregnancy. I was seen every two weeks till about mid 2nd trimster, then every week till about 26 weeks, then I was seen 2x a week with 2 Ultrasounds each time at two different doctors office. Well I also was getting NSTs all the time. Well on May 7th I knew I knew something was wrong. I had a appt so I wasnt too worried...My NST showed my daughters heart rate very high and then it started to show contractions. Well because of it still being early (I also was suppose to get a Amno Done at 35-36 to see if they could take her earlier) I was only 32 at this point, my doctor said okay lets send you over get you some fluids and see if we can stop your labor, (My midwife and one of the nurses were very good friends that I have known  for years) So they kept acting like oh its okay...well they called over to the other High Risk Ob and they said before you send her 45 min do a ultrasound just to make sure everything is okay, well they did one for a half a hour I was having contactions every 2-3 min well on fluids.....the midwife came back in looked at my husband and best friend and said her placenta has torn away shes going to be a mom in about 20 min and told my hubby to get ready. They had my daughter out so fast, Sorry if this was long and drawn out, I just wanted to really point out i think many doctors really do consider all of high risk if we try and have another baby and that they seem like they are on the ball more. I wish you the best of luck,

Kim

Mom to 1 Angel Carter Anthony-William Graby(6-14-06)

Mom to 3 Who Have A Guardian Angel Above

Ian Alden-William (11)

Christian Edward-William (7)

Holley Annastasia-Katherine (20 Months)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)