Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

night time diaper delima! help!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

alrighty so my little guy has always been a BIG night time wetter. we have no problems during the day so long as i change him regularly. and even with the disposables he pee'd right through!!, i tried doubleing but it was waaaay to bulky. so i was going to try some 'night time' diapers. what is everyone else useing for at night?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I use the g's at night with the disposable insert and 1/2 of another insert up front. It's a little bulky, but it seems to work for us. Before he was big enough to use the g's at night, I used sposies (whatever was cheapest: Luvs, Target). He's a pretty big nighttime wetter, especially since he still gets up at least once a night to nurse. I haven't had any trouble with leaking.

luka_89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:31 PM

i think thats alot of our problem, kaz nurses alot at night, we co-sleep and he just pops on when hes hungrey lol 

Quoting bhwrn1:

I use the g's at night with the disposable insert and 1/2 of another insert up front. It's a little bulky, but it seems to work for us. Before he was big enough to use the g's at night, I used sposies (whatever was cheapest: Luvs, Target). He's a pretty big nighttime wetter, especially since he still gets up at least once a night to nurse. I haven't had any trouble with leaking.

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Could be. He's only 9 months, though, so that's normal. Have you tried the 1/2 flushies just up in front? I know it's bulky, but that really saved us.

Quoting luka_89:

i think thats alot of our problem, kaz nurses alot at night, we co-sleep and he just pops on when hes hungrey lol 

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

luka_89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM

no, the flushies are so darn expensive lol it took me enough to get hubs to let me get prefolds as it is :/

Quoting bhwrn1:

Could be. He's only 9 months, though, so that's normal. Have you tried the 1/2 flushies just up in front? I know it's bulky, but that really saved us.

Quoting luka_89:

Quoting bhwrn1:

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Ah, so you were doubling cloth. Yeah, that can be really bulky. Any way you can cut the prefolds to have some just for night time to stick in the front of the diaper?

Quoting luka_89:

no, the flushies are so darn expensive lol it took me enough to get hubs to let me get prefolds as it is :/

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting luka_89:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

luka_89
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:07 PM

good idea, ill try that tonight, it really sucks waking up in your babys pee :/ and im sure its no fun for him either, thanks :)

Quoting bhwrn1:

Ah, so you were doubling cloth. Yeah, that can be really bulky. Any way you can cut the prefolds to have some just for night time to stick in the front of the diaper?

Quoting luka_89:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting luka_89:

Quoting bhwrn1:

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Good luck. Let me know if it works.

barbieshannon
by Member on Sep. 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I use fuzzibunz at night with a regular liner plus two doublers.  Yes, it is bulky, but I am guaranteed no leaks for 13+ hours.  I put his nighttime diaper on at 6 pm and he doesnt get out of bed until about 7 am.  Plus, he nurses 3 times.  I thought the bulkiness would be a problem, but it does not seem to bother him whatsoever.  If I am not caught up on laundry, I use luvs.  I can get about 10 hours from them, but most of the time, they leak a little and those gel beads are everywhere when I open up the diaper.  Tell your husband that a cloth diapers are roughly the same price as a pack of diapers and you use them over and over.  No more weekly diaper budget.  I use the gcloth during the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)