Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Authors?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 597 Total Views

I am wondering which authors you ladies read and trust.  There are so many out there, so many books about growing as christians and walking like christ. 

Everytime I find a new book and think I may like it then someone says to me, "You can't believe that book, that author is a false teacher."

If you google different authors then you find terrible things from those who don't like them and wonderful things from those who do like them.

I want to read some good biblically based, scripturally sound books.  Please, give me your thoughts and opinions.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lcmurphy418
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Are you hunting fiction or non-fiction? For fiction I love Francine Rivers and non-fiction I really like Beth Moore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuliaMae
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I would love everyone's opinions on both, fiction and non.  I have read one Francine Rivers book and I love Beth Moore bible studies.

MChildressDem
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Fiction: Angela Hunt, I like her contemporary fiction better than her historical fiction but both are good

Non-fiction: Patricia Shirer, Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, Chip Ingram

meekone
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I would go hands down, Beth Moore, Max Lucado and Francis Chan

WeLuvOurNUGGET
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I LOVE Perry Stone and David Wilkerson books!

JehovahJirah
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Ellen G. White has a great book on the life of Christ called the Desire of Ages, and another book called the Great Controversy if you enjoy books that include history and shows how God has preserved his church that is a great one. All of her writings are in line with the bible and scripturally sound.

Happy Hunting!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)