Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Ok I need help trying to figure out why Lucifer was being called Morning Star. What is the connection?

Isaiah 14:12  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.

Is there a connection? Thanks

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
skywatcher1973
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:35 PM

No One?

AntroNet
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Here is what I get from these verses, but remember, I am not the "Thus saith the Lord" kinda person.  That is probably why no one replies as quickly with questions interpreting the Bible.  In Isaiah 14:12 it says: "How you have fallen from heaven O morning star, son of the dawn!  You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"  The verse after it is where you gather more info..."You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly..'"  So. the morning star in this verse is describing the job Lucifer had before being punished by being tossed out of heaven.  We forget that as evil and anti-christ Satan is, he still had a very high position underneath the Son of God, Jesus Christ (who was there from the very beginning as stated in John 1:1-5).  His job was to shower praises and worship directly to the Father.  All that Glory was to flow thru him which caused a big head and a coveting spirit that led him to his downfall.  That is why he is called the morning star, son of the dawn in this scripture.  It was referring to his previous duties to the Father.  When we wake up, we are supposed to first give thanks to the almighty and begin our day with praise and worship.  The beginning of the day is called...Dawn, the sun being the morning star--when we are supposed to praise and worship-Thus satan's title.  (I hope I did not lose you). 

The second verse you quoted was from Revelation 22:16.  Jesus, Himself, states that it is He, who He is referring to when speaking of the bright, Morning Star.  Two ways you know this: One,  the statement should be read that way because of how it is punctuated--" I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches.  I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and [I AM] the bright Morning Star.  Two, because it is Capitalized.  In the Hebrew language, you can have the same words but only one version would refer to Jesus Christ. (For an example of this you can study the use of the words Angel of the Lord, or sons of God in which Jesus appeared to many saints instead of just angels appearing to give messages from the Lord.  Also the word Lord--lord verses Lord in this case). Lucifer is no longer needed to bring God His Glory.  It was manifested (as was planned from the beginning) through Jesus Christ who takes Glory to the Father just by His sacrifice.

The third and final verse you referred morning star to is Revelation 2:28, but you really have to begin at the beginning of the chapter and take it in as a whole.  I won't quote it, but basically, the message to the church in Thyatira was for them to not let "Jezebel's teachings" to take to heart and rule in their congregation.  Some in the church had let this happen, but not everyone had.  The ones who had not, he states that if you continue to do God's will to the end, He (God) would give him the morning star.  That's a highly honorable reward that is to be given considering the previous job Lucifer had was to be the morning star and give God Praises and Worship.  It was also Jesus' title as he sacrificed Himself for the world.  Now, because of our duty to become like Christ in the example He gave us on how to live, if we do just that, we get to take over Lucifer's job as well.  Not only here on earth, but in Heaven as well!  Isn't that great news?!!!

I hope I have not confused you.  Any questions, just ask.  Still remember, that if another person read those same verses, they may have a different revelation.  That's how the Word works.  How else do you think that the Bible contains an answer for every single thing you could possibly go through?  We just have to seek it out by not just reading a verse, but the words before and after it.  And let's not forget about praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. 

akamamalindsey
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Wow, Antronet! You hit it right on the nail, girl! You had to have really studied in order to know all of that. Can I be so bold as to say that I am so proud of you?! I know it is God that spoke thru you inorder to teach us & I thank God for you. I hope skywatcher understood & had all of questions answered that she had. But, I know for certain, that you answered them for me...you did good, girl!

Skywatcher, I hope & I pray that you continue to study & learn more. Don't give up & always ask if you are confused about anything. For the devil tries to bring confusion in our lives so that we will give up & not read & study God's word & will eventually even stop praying (that's his agenda)....but, God brings people like Antronet to our rescue; to bring light into our situation! Praise God!

Thank you, Lord for blessing Skywatcher & Antronet for shining their lights so brightly in cafemom & bringing honor & glory to You, Lord!

luvsfrogs
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:21 PM

You learn something new everyday and I certainly have learned from this.. thanks to the one who asked the questions and the ones to answer!! Blessings to all!

skywatcher1973
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Thank you. It does answer my questions. I really was looking into to answer my preachers question to this. He preached on this about 6 months ago and I wrote it down, tried to study it, but was unable to come up with a answer. So Thank you!! I will print your answer and let my preacher read it and see what he says about it. And let you know. Thanks Again

AntroNet
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM

It was ALL God and His magnificent Holy Spirit that brought back to my memories several messages from special preachers I hold dear and trust. God led me to the rest and that is why I love these bible groups.  It gives me a chance to explore what God wants me to learn.  Thanx for the prayers and encouragement---It really came when I needed it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)