Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Hello Everyone! I am new to the group, but I need someone to talk to. My husband (we've been married 7 years this June) wants to adopt our oldest son. (He'll be 9 in June)  We have been together since he was 9 months old and have three more children together.  We really just want to make our family complete and have my ex husband out of our lives.  He is willing to cooperate with us and terminate his rights, but  it seems my lawyer is unwilling to help. I understand that she has some personal issues that she is dealing with right now, and she works in a very busy private practice. but two weeks ago, she asked my mom (she and my mom are friends, and my mom is paying the legal fees)  if it would be okay if she passed our case on to her colleague. My mom told her that would not be a problem as she was sure that her colleague would be capeable, if the recommendation was coming from her, as long as the cost would not be significantly greater. For two weeks we have not heard anyting, but yet, this morning she has time to comment on my FB status, three times. I know it sounds like we need to find a different attorney, but that just isn't an option. I can't find any forms for my state anywhere online and my ex is bugging the crap out of me. I tell him to call her, he gets mad, I tell him to file it himself he gets mad. I just want it over with... Any one else out there going thru the same thing?

HELP!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)