Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about Step-parent adoption in CA

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

I have a 1 month old baby girl and the biological father hasnt been in her life at all and didnt want anything to do with the pregnancy. I got married to another man who I had been with for 3 years prior. I was 8 months preggo when we got marriedand he is on the birth certificate and knows that it isnt his baby but he wants to adopt asap. The biological father has agreed to the adoption and sign over parental rights way before she was born...but my question is: Does he need to show up in court to the hearing or do you just send papers for him to sign and then file it with the court? He is in the military and I am not sure if he could show up to court. I am in the starting process of all this and not sure what it involves and how it is done so any advice would be helpful.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Alicia1020
by Member on Jun. 30, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I am going through the adoption process right now in CA...however even different counties have different rules...please feel free to add me and ask me any questions you have and I will try to help with what I have the knowledge of...I have done lots of research...hope I can help you...Alicia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)