Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are Raw Hide puppy bones ok?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 2792 Total Views

Hey Everyone!

Are rawhide puppy bones alright for Siberian Husky puppies to chew on? I have a friend who tells me Huskies are not suppose to eat rawhide. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for your help,

Donna

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
huskyluv08
by Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:48 PM

My husky is now a year old, and loves bones....when he was a puppy I would let him chew bones when I was watching him...especially because they need to chew on something, and sometimes something some what hard when they are teething...I never gave him the small small ones, so he wouldnt swallow it whole..I think it will be ok when you are around...but because your dog is just a puppy and will be teething...lots of things he/she can chew on is a good thing, so they wont start chewing on your things...I hope I could help...

Andrea

MomIWant
by Member on Dec. 16, 2008 at 9:30 PM

I say buy stock in a bone company - our husky had to have a rawhide bone most of the evening when we were with him - when he didn't have something to chew - he ate our couch (we were home at the time)!  Chews are less expensive -  I also wouldn't buy the flavored colored bones - they stain your carpeting both Chicken & Beef can leave bad stains on light carpeting.  Your puppy is so cute!!!  Enjoy

Doodlebug70
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Yes, they are ok to give, just keep an eye on him! I give our pup a teething Kong and she loves it, especially when there is peanut butter or a bone treat inside!

Jessie

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it, pee on it and walk away.

lwild35
by Group Owner on Dec. 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Quoting huskyluv08:

My husky is now a year old, and loves bones....when he was a puppy I would let him chew bones when I was watching him...especially because they need to chew on something, and sometimes something some what hard when they are teething...I never gave him the small small ones, so he wouldnt swallow it whole..I think it will be ok when you are around...but because your dog is just a puppy and will be teething...lots of things he/she can chew on is a good thing, so they wont start chewing on your things...I hope I could help...

Andrea

Your dog is beautiful!

Group Owner of:

DeceivinEyes
by Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I have an 8 month old husky...and she chews all of her toys to shreds. I buy her rawhide bones that are at least 8 inches long. Do you think it's ok to leave her unattended with 'em since she's almost a year?

gmwifey1007
by on Jan. 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM

i dont give my dog rawhide bones, whether im watching her or not.  they can bite off pieces with sharp and jagged edges and could cut them on the inside as their swallowing and they could internally bleed to death.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)