Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTW

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 494 Total Views

What is QOTW?  Well it is QUESTION OF THE WEEK... I thought it was about time to get some conversations back to this group (and I know Angie agrees!)... so I thought we would start a QOTW post.  So PLEASE check back often and share your thoughts, ideas and tips with the group!!  Also, please feel free to PM me if you have a QOTW that you would like to ask! :)

This weeks question is starting a little late since it is Wednesday night... but hey why not?

What do you do when you hear "I can get this cheaper at..."?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kaarih
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM
I get this alot. True, Tastefully Simple is a bit on the high side, but the quality is so good. I remind people of that fact. The flavor of the seasonings is so intense that you can use less than a "store brand" so it lasts longer. And, I remind people how easy all of our products are. All you really need to do is open the package or add a couple extra ingredients and you have a gourmet food item. That usually will make people see they really are getting a value for their money. And boy do we have values right now lol. Watch out - I'll be posting some specials soon.

Kaari Sherman
Tastefully Simple Consultant
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/ksherman

carwells
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I use this as a step in to get them to book a show.  I say well look at your wish list and remind them the average hostess gets about $200 in FREE jewelry for just having a few friends over and playing with some jewelry.  I also have been to the manufacturing plant in Dallas and tell them that there is a lot of hands on work and detail that goes into the jewelry and they are getting very high quality piece of jewelry.  We also have a wonderful guarntee so I remind them if there is a problem with their piece (heaven forbid) I will get it replaced as soon as possible and show them the guarntee that we offer.  

Very good question I like this idea.  Hope to see everyone soon.

Ask me how you can get free jewelry with Premier Designs...gotta have bling ladies!

almemoore
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I let them know that Mary Kay has been the best selling brand of skincare and color cosmetics for the last 15 years in a row.  We also have a 100% product guarantee, drug and department stores don't.  Also they will use much less of our products (for skin care, seriously only a pea sized amount!) and that yes, a Miracle set costs $114 to start, but it will last 3-6 months! Which is only about 90 cents a day and your skin is soooo worth it! Also like Becky said, if the cost is an issue, be a hostess! We have many different ways to earn free product.

Thanks for starting this Chrissy! :-)

Angie Moore
Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Try a New Year, new you, makeover right at home online! This is a free service!
www.marykay.com/almoore

motherofhope98
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I remind them that you get what you pay for.  A 4oz tube of shea butter will last about 6 months! Jordan Essentials products actually heal your skin and prevent them from drying and cracking. They don't just mask the problem.  

It's a good lead into hosting a spa show.  I let them know how much FREE product that can get.

Rebecca, Jordan Essentials, I.R.

Support your local economy. Buy from direct sellers & local farmers.
www.michigandirectsellers.com

cldetary
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM

This is always a hard one for me because there are scrapbooking stores EVERYWHERE!  But I stress the importance of being a consultant here for YOU to help you with your albums the whole step of the way!  To not only to sell products but to be here to help you complete your albums too!  You don not have a scrapbooking store call you and see if you are working on your albums, do you?

Also I stress that Creative Memories has been in the scrapbooking industry since the beginning (25 yrs), we have the best testing of products around!  Plus, we are NOT just scrapbooking anymore we are a Memory Celebration Company that can help you however you want to celebrate your memories! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)