Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm pissed off and hurt!!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hi ladies.  I really need to vent so please bear with me.  My mother in law hates me and doesnt want anything to do with my kids.  We live here in OR and She never wants to see them.  We recently decided to move to NE where my family lives so my kids can have grandparents.  We asked her if she would watch our kids so we could have some alone time to see a movie(which we havent done in 2 yrs  LITERALLY)and she cant because she's too busy.  I'm frustrated at her and my SIL.  My SIL has my MIL over there everyday to help her.  I feel like she takes all of that for granted.  I , meanwhile, have to sit at home all day all alone because i dont have any friends, my family all lives out of state, and my fiance works from 3pm to 1:30am.  I need some alone time with my fiance.  Our relationship is suffering horribly and I don't know how to get things back on track.   I feel a little better now. But the tears wont stop.  Thanx for listening.
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MissRachel20
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:36 PM
Hey Hun  know exactly how you are feeling right now! I just recently got to go back to work! But for two years I felt like a prisoner in my own home because I dont have many friends if any at all and ALL of my family lives in MI and I am in TN! and my fiance also works all day. My soon to be mother in law will take my youngest for the weekend but she wont take my oldest. So I never get a break. She doesnt except him because he is white and he is also not her sons child! Any ways I know how you feel I am having a pretty shitty day too! So I am here if you ever need me...I will probably be sleeping tomarrow because I am working nights but I will catch ya later!
Hope you feel better hun!
AmberShae
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:41 PM
I know how you feel with the in-law situation w/ the kids...I dont ever really get alone time with my husband i just recently started putting my kids to bed early and that gives me some time with my husband in the evenings....but i see your fiance works nights...all i can suggest is hire a known local sitter...someone thats trustworthy for the day not at night or over night just some one that can take the kids to their house for a few hours, or to the park, ask around have references...takes a lil work at first but youll be glad that you did later... ps that will give you a break too...something that you will probably well deserve....take care...and good luck
safeclean
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Sweetie, I'm sorry. I think grandmothers are more attached to their daughter's children than to their son's. It shouldn't be that way but in my experience, it is. My exILs are rich, I mean they are both doctors and own five houses for themselves rich, but I am poor and they do not pay their son's child support or make him pay it. They don't even send gifts for her birthday or Christmas anymore. It sucks and it's worse because they aren't just rejecting you, they are rejecting your child.
HeatherMQ
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 9:07 PM
Hey. I am so sorry about the situation you are in. If your mother-in-law is acting like that, then it's beter she not be a part of YOUR family. What does your fiance think about it? Does he even realize or is he to naive to notice that mommy pics favorites? Anyway, fo you and him...  have you tried a babysitter. If you don't know anyone you can try a website. I saw the link on myspace. It is called www.sittercity.com You can try to find a baby sitter for once a month or even twice a month for a few hours just so you 2 can do dinner and/or a movie. LoL. Or even rent a cheap hotel room for an hour. Wink
I hope everything works out for you! Good Luck.
SillyMeesa
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 9:11 PM
I can't stand my MIL ....all I have to say...she hates me, I hate her...they recently came for the week, she stayed in my house with all of her kids and guess how much notice she gave me...4 days...I hate her...
bferriegel
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 9:23 PM
I totally understand how you feel. My boyfriend's mom doesn't put forth any effort to see our daughter.  She always says that she is too busy.  I would think that Delainey being her only grandchild from her only child would be more important to her but I guess some people just don't see it that way.
Mama_April7
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 9:46 PM
I wish i could say that i understand the whole Mother in law thing but my mother in law passed away before i was even in the picture, i do however relate to the not having any friends around I live 7 hours away from my family and i don't ever have any alone time with my husband and yes our relationship could use some help too. the only family we have here is my husbands father, who is legaly blind and a little hard of hearing so I have no one to babysit my daughter even for just a couple of hours, for even just some alone time for just me, my daughter is only 8 months old i cant imagine doing this for 2 years like yourself! i wish you and your family the best of luck and hopefully everything will work out just fine.
aimsterella
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 10:00 PM
my fiance works a lot too, as a restaurant manager... when i was prego i was ALWAYS asleep when he came home, and i went to work before he got up. from the time our son was 2 weeks old, he started a new job that had him working about 80 hours a week with only one day off... i had to pack the baby up and bring him to the restaurant so they could see each other.

luckily, my mother lives close by and offered to babysit, so once every two weeks we started having "date night", leaving the baby with my mom and just going to dinner and a movie or something simple. the first time we did it we had a BLAST, we hadnt been alone- or that happy- in a long time. sometimes we bring the baby along, just for dinner or something- if hes sleeping its not a big deal.

i really hope you can find someone to watch your kids because i can tell you, after hardly seeing each other in MONTHS that first date really made us close again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)