Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Sickness

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am about 9 weeks pregnant and I just now started with morning sickness. I cant keep ANYTHING down. I have tried crackers and ginerale, and sprite and all the things they tell you but nothing is working. Does anyone have any tips or anything suggestions on what I should do? Im worried about becoming dehydrated. But the worse part is being sick is keeping me from spending time with my 4 year old son and playing with him. Anything is appreciated. Thanks!!!

*~*RANDI*~*
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hailnbray
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM

they make mommy pops. they are lolli pops that stop or at least help u from getting sick. babys r us sells them and ive seen them online even. w my daughter i was sick for 7 1/2 months non stop. just keep drinking and u will be fine. i found out after the fact that it was the vitamins they give u that made me sick. with my son i refused to take them and never had a day of morning sickness. i just took flinstones and was fine.

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM

put some ginger in some tea. or take ginger suuplements.  vitamin b6 also works wonders. good luck!

Join us on:

20 Somethings
   Group Mod

SweetPea05
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Also just sniffing ginger works.... LOL!! I used to crave that smell when I was pregnant it made me feel sooo much better! Donna is right on though, ginger is an awesome nausea cure.... also my OB told me benedryl is safe (double check with your dr) and helps with nausea, that didn't do me much good tho since it totally knocks me out! The other thing I used to do was eat some carbs and protein before doing anything else! I had my fridge stocked FULL of those lunchables with the crackers and cheese and meat id have those and sprite or gingerale for breakfast and typically wouldnt be too nauseous! Good luck!

Quoting TempestRayne:

put some ginger in some tea. or take ginger suuplements.  vitamin b6 also works wonders. good luck!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I had violent morning sickness with all three of my pregnancies. The ONLY thing that helped at all was sucking on peppermint candy. I would buy a big bag of the candies and any time I felt a little queezy, I would suck on one. It didn't STOP the sickness, but it did help.

Wenner429
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Thank you so much for the advice. I am feeling better today, and actually kept some food down. I have my first OB appointment on the 23rd of this month. So hopefully if this keeps up he can give me something.  

*~*RANDI*~*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)