Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Christmas gift idea..please help!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

This year to help save money, we decided to do a 'family' gift instead of individual gifts. We need to figure out what to give my husband's brother and family. He and his wife are 30 years old, have two children ages 4 and 7 (both boys). There is no exact spending amount, but I would like to spend under $100. The only thing I could think of was maybe a play or something, but hubby said they would NOT like that! Any ideas????

Thanks!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TempestRayne
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:08 AM

why not a family movie night box?  A new dvd, some popcorn, drinks, the candy (or fresh fruit). put it in a box-voila! night o'family fun!

Join us on:

20 Somethings
   Group Mod

qutekylie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I agree with the person above me, or maybe a game box, Like get 2 or 3 board games, around $10-25 each, and some hot cocoa, popcorn and maybe a gift card for a pizza place to order in!

Lindsey~proud mommy to Kylie (8-4-06) & Peyton (9-24-07)

muhryzzle
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Why don't you strike up an "innocent" conversation and see if you can uncover anything that the family really wants/needs.

CafeMom Tickers
buzymommaof2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM

That is such a simple idea that I never thought of! Thanks!

Quoting qutekylie:

I agree with the person above me, or maybe a game box, Like get 2 or 3 board games, around $10-25 each, and some hot cocoa, popcorn and maybe a gift card for a pizza place to order in!

DJzMoME
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM

totally!! anything to bring the family together!!  ^_^

Quoting buzymommaof2:

That is such a simple idea that I never thought of! Thanks!

Quoting qutekylie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)