Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just need to vent.....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello Ladies...

I visited my in-laws this past weekend......  UGH!  I just wonder when I will no longer be treated as "one of the kids" OR even worse as "a teenage mom".  I mean, I'm 26 years old with 3 children.  I had my 1st daughter when I was 16 years old.  All 3 of my kids have the same father.  We have worked SOOOOO hard to have the things that we have & love all 3 of our kids to pieces.  When will my in-laws see that?  When will they  STOP using us as the "bad example" for all of the teenage kids in the family?  I just don't get it!  I understand that we shouldn't "advertise" teenage pregnancy & we DON'T by any means!  BUT, WHY ON EARTH would you say IN FRONT OF MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER "Don't be like Joe & Stephanie, look at all that they have been through, since they had Mackenzie so young!"  I mean, what is that saying to my little girl? ----->  (You were a burden to us! ?!?!)   UGH!  I am just SOOO frustrated!  I just want them to step back for a second & look at all of the sacrifices we've made so that Mackenzie DOESN'T feel like she was a mistake or a burden to us!  Anywhoo......  Thanks for reading!  Makes me feel better to get it off of my chest!  :)

Stephanie

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wells75904
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

That sucks...I wouldnt put up with it, I would say something, now....my parents had me young, and the family never let them forget it, I grew up thinking I was a horrible mistake and my parents sacrificed so much for me, and how much better their lives would have been if I had never came along...it wasnt a good feeling, put a stop to it NOW. I would tell them if they cant stop it they cant come around, its not fair to her

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

robe739
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Thanks!  I will consider confronting them.   It is just difficult, because my in-laws emind me of the parents on that show "Everybody Loves Raymond".  They have this way of turning the things you say around & making YOU feel bad, like you were the one who did something wrong!  LOL!  I know, they're crazy!

Quoting wells75904:

That sucks...I wouldnt put up with it, I would say something, now....my parents had me young, and the family never let them forget it, I grew up thinking I was a horrible mistake and my parents sacrificed so much for me, and how much better their lives would have been if I had never came along...it wasnt a good feeling, put a stop to it NOW. I would tell them if they cant stop it they cant come around, its not fair to her

p3rdone
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM

OMG that's so wrong!! How does your man feel about his family talking about the two of you that way?

I definitely would not just sit by and let people degrade me that way. If anything, look what your daughter is seeing when you don't stand up for yourself. In fact, I think you're very responsible for being a young mom. At least you're not running around every other night, neglecting your child while you go out and party (trust me, I know a few).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)