Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it Normal for young moms?????????

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 22 Replies

I have a beautiful daughter who's 17 months old who I absolutely adore. I had a hard labor and recovery with her, so I am very sensitive in my private area. Ever since I had her I have had little to NO desire for sex whatsoever.... I have to fake it a lot, so I won't hurt my husband feelings I don't want him to think that I don't love him, because I do very much...it's just that I just have no desire, I even get annoyed when he tries to kiss or hugg me in bed. Is it normal?? Am I just wierd??? I dont' get it....before we conceived, We were super active, now, he's lucky to get it once a week....I need help!!! Any advice??

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniors3Girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM

WOW momma you explained me to the T I am just the same way ....I take the fact that you are having this as well to comfort me at least I am not alone....If you figure out anything please let me know.  I have talked to my doctor and all they say is it take awhile to get back to normal....2 years? (thats how our my oldest is) 

Im a wife to an amazing man, a mommy to two perfect princesses. I love my crazy semi-organized life. I'm a vaccinating, disposable diaper, against-cio, front facing at a year, formula feeding, anti-abortion, spanking if needed, non- smoking and occasional drinking, 24 year old full time workin mommy and I wouldnt have it any other way. If anything in that offends you or rubs you the wrong way....to bad!

fireflymcl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM

From what I've heard from moms of all ages (I include myself) this is noraml. /once a week would be a blessing for some husbands.

I had one friend who described herself as a "sex camel". lol. One time and she's good for a month or so.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
prego7386
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:16 AM

i have heard some people get this way after they have kids..some are just super focused on the kid and want nothing to do with their husband in that department, some are hormonally unstable and it causes issues and some have other issues that need to be addressed with a therapist..like resentment or border line emotional detachment form their spouse..i say explore all of the above routes and see what happens :)

WolfMotherof4
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Well, I believe I'm the same way except my husband doesn't get any!!!! I just don't want it!!!! But for me its cool cause I have 4 children ...... never really have the time!

URMySunshine07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:18 AM

You're normal!   

For me, it took having a second kid to get my sex drive back.  No idea why or why things are so different now...  

happy new year 2010Sunshine's Mom

MommaJenn23
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM

First off, it never really gets back to normal, but it does get better! I had a ton of discomfort during sex after I had my first child. It really will get better. Now, it only hurts during certain positions! I would recommend not having sex for a little while. Your husband loves you and will understand. You can't keep putting yourself in pain just so he won't get upset. I took a good break from sex and my hubby was heartbroken at first, but he got over it.  My daughter is now 5, with 2 younger brothers, and my sex life couldnt be better.

dragonqueen
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I was like that after having my first baby. Now I can't get enough but I feel I need to choose sleep over sex most of the time. And when we do have time or are in the mood the kids are awake. But I was definitely like that when I first had my first baby. My theory is it is because you are being touched by kid(s) all day and you just don't want to be touched anymore for a while. It gets better. don't worry. also do kegels to strengthen your pelvic floor. you might have better sex if you do. Its not a garentee but it might work.

Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years TickerDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Nadine254
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:28 AM

to tell you the truth. alot of the time i dont really want it but i just do it for my husband. but then i enjoy it once we start and i get into it. also i kinda like seducing my husband with sexy things and being in control and making him feel good. sometimes it is just hard to get into the mood. but remember its important to keep it alive.

army

Juniors3Girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Quoting URMySunshine07:

You're normal!   

For me, it took having a second kid to get my sex drive back.  No idea why or why things are so different now...  

How long after your secomd did you see the difference?

Im a wife to an amazing man, a mommy to two perfect princesses. I love my crazy semi-organized life. I'm a vaccinating, disposable diaper, against-cio, front facing at a year, formula feeding, anti-abortion, spanking if needed, non- smoking and occasional drinking, 24 year old full time workin mommy and I wouldnt have it any other way. If anything in that offends you or rubs you the wrong way....to bad!

ShellMack
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:53 AM

It also took me about 2 years for my sex drive to come back. It still isn't what it used to be.  It is important for partners to "meet in the middle" when it comes to sex (my experience.)  Sorry you have to "fake it." I HATE FAKING IT Sometimes I just say "you have your's babe-don't worry about me" LOL I would tell him that you don't feel like it.  Hopefully he can understand and be patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)