Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahoy ahoy all, i'm new to mom cafe

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

ahoy ahoy all,

My name is christina, i'm 26, and have a 2 month old baby girl named halynn.  im a preschool teacher, with aa BA in art. ..but when i return to work, this up comming tuesday i will be an infant teacher, so i can be with my lil lady. so far i adore the mind set, and internal change that comes along with motherhood.not to mention this love i have never felt for anyone else before, its quite all incompasing, and i have heard new mothers say simular things before about love for a child, but untill you expirence it its hard to put into words. its pretty cool.  although returning to society is quite frightning, i'm a wee bit nervous.

i kind of feel like im in 8th grade again, so uncomforable in my own skin, but than i look at my baby and i know its worth it.  i just have to keep reminding myself to stay positive. im addicted to getting a good sweat on (cant wait to take the little one hiking), fall is my favorite season, i enjoy driving with the windows down and the heat bumping on brisk sunny days, coffee is delishious, i love music, and art, photography, tea and anything creative.

i have a hard time meeting other ladys. im shy. but i am intrested in getting to know other moms my age.

here is my fam

my husband and i

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fireflymcl
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Awe so cute. Welcome. Feel free to add me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
KBix
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:27 AM

welcome to 20s! You have a gorgeous family and welcome to being a mom too!!! My name is Kristina and i am 24 and have an almost 3 yr old. Enjoy your infant and cherish every moment, once they start moving and going you will miss the small baby.

Juniors3Girls
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Hello Momma and Welcome

My name is Sarah and I am 24 years old I have a 2 year old little girl named Abbigail and a 2 1/2 month old little girl names Elizabeth and I am right there with you in the pure love for them...Good luck heading back to work.  I am a Manager in the cell phone business and I have been back to work for about 2 weeks I am still not sure I am fully back in my head I am still with my girls. 

Welcome to cafemom I would say this is the best place to meet new mommas when you are shy!  There are ALOT of great woman in the group and on this site so just check everyone out! 

Well I guess I will leave you with that and feel free to send me a message I always like new friends.

Welcome again

Here are my girls the one on the left is Elizabeth, the middle is Abbigail and the one on the right is my niece Kayla

Im a wife to an amazing man, a mommy to two perfect princesses. I love my crazy semi-organized life. I'm a vaccinating, disposable diaper, against-cio, front facing at a year, formula feeding, anti-abortion, spanking if needed, non- smoking and occasional drinking, 24 year old full time workin mommy and I wouldnt have it any other way. If anything in that offends you or rubs you the wrong way....to bad!

ludviksmith
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Hi, welcome, my name is Jessica, 25, live in Minnesota. I am pregnant with my first, and I like how you mentioned that you love the mind set and internal change that comes along with motherhood. Although I am only around 11 weeks along, I feel the same; I feel calm, relaxed, happy, full...sure there are unknowns and discomforts, and sure there are things to worry about, but I just feel great, and I am so excited to meet my little prince or princess.

Congratulations to you, your family is beautiful, and good luck in everything :)

CafeMom Tickers
GabrielleMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Hello, My name is Brittani Thompson. I am new to cafemom too. I am 22 and a college student at Roosevelt University. I am in my last year of college. I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in sociology. I want to be a social worker. After I get my bachelor's degree I want to get Master's degree in Florida. I have a three month old name Gabrielle. She is my only child. I love my daughter. Motherhood is a wonderful experience. It's a job that never ends. LOL!! But I wouldn't change it for the world. Everything she does amazes me. I hope that we can become friends. Add me as a friend. My screen name is GabrielleMommy.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

pageantgirl3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM

welcome to cafemom

Heather: We have a great informational call on how to lose weight on January 10th. PM me if you are interested.
Married/got engaged to your S/O less than a year after you started dating? click here!

in lovetoddler boybaby girl

justmom21
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Hi there Welcome!!

My name is Danyi  I am a 24 mother of 2 little ones, 11months and 2 year old  Connor and Brandon, you have such a cute family!!

bpelzel
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:55 AM

hi you have beautiful baby girl. i am 23 with a 9 month old baby girl..i am also very shy and have a hard time meeting people..i teach 4 year olds. and going to school to get my education degree.

hbourne
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Hi Christina!

My name is Heather, I'm 25 for another few weeks, and I have two girls. Taylor is 4 years old and Katelyn is 7 weeks. I just got married this past June to my wonderful husband, Mike. I've been working as a cook for just under 10 years now, but I'm thinking about going into the childcare business within the next few months.

If you'd like someone to talk to, feel free to send me a friend request and/or message me! I love meeting new people =)

~Heather

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)