Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to cafemom

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello, my name is Brandy. I am 21 and my son's name is Caiden, He is about to turn one on February 6th the day after his fathers birthday. I've been married about a year and a half-I was 19. I am currently a stay at home mother, but I plan on going back to work very soon. I am also in school to get my ged -biggest mistake ever made was dropping out of highschool,I met my husband when I was 18 at a after school job, I was living on my own at the time. We recieved alot of skepticism about our 10 year age difference from friends but they quickly realized it wasnt that big a deal-thankfully. My father in law is a minister, He has changed my life for the better by leading me back to god. My son is beautiful and he is learning quickly I dont want him to grow up so fast. I tend to be shy when meeting new people but I hope that joining cafemom will help me meet new people and possibly make new friends.toddler boy

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mamma2jjk
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM

hi, I to am new to cafemom... i joined a few days ago. My name is Kate i am 24yrs old...I have 3 kids Jarren 6, Jace 3, Kyla 20 mnths... and just got married almost 3 months ago. age is jus a number and if oyu really love someone thats all that matters...I'm so happy to hear that you are going back to ged your GED my husband dropped out of school to take care of his clidren and i have been telling him since i met him a little over a year ago that he needs to go back and get it...Its very dificult...but very poroud that you have made the choice to better you and your familys life....

mompatrol
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Welcome to cafemom, my name is Brittany I am 23 years old and have two boys ages 2(3 in febuary) and 16 months.  I got married when I was 20 and I agree with the previous post, age is just a number.  Everyone thought my husband and I were crazy to get married because we were six years apart but they soon realized that yes there wasn't really a difference. Congrats on working towards your GED, that is fantastic.  I am sure you will find alot of support here, there are many different groups that you can get involved with.  Good luck and Happy New Year.

Priceless626
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I am new here too.  Best of luck getting your GED.  At least you aregoing to school to get it.  That is a huge accomplishment. 

I

chloesmom637
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hi guys ... Im am a first time mom. 22 almost 23 years old. I have a little girl. She is 5 mths old.... I am engaged for 1 r now .. I have know my fiance since high school 10 years now ..... Hoping to have more kids after we get married. I am a stay-at-home mom for now but when i go back to work i am a nurse. Hoping to go back to school so i can be an office administrator... I love making new friends and talking about anything really ... i have many hobbies and intrest ... just add me as a friend and im always herein love

caidens-momma09
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 8:01 PM

hello, thanks for the support , its been a little rough i wanted to have it by my 21 birthday but things didnt happen according to plan but im not giving up. its nice knowing there is other moms out there my age and that have things in common.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)