Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd Baby Question PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hey Ladies if you have more than one child how far apart are your children? And do u think that it is a good age gap?

Thanks in advance

SUNNSHINNEMOMMI

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I dont actually have 2 kids yet, but in less then a month a will! My DH and I purposely planned to have another child about 2 yrs apart. Sure enough I am due with my DS 11 days after my DDs 2nd bday.....hoping he doesnt make his arrival on her bday! lol. We purposely planned this because my sisters and I were 11 and 4 years apart from eachother, and he was 16 months younger then his brother...Before his brother passed away they had a great relationship...and my sisters we in such different points of their lives, that we didnt get along until I was about 17. I still dont get along with the one that is 11 years older then me sometimes cause I got married and had kids before her.

DH and I plan on having another child in 5-6 yrs and then another one about 2 yrs after that. We think its great for the kids to be close in age....everybody is different though, so make sure you do what is right for you and your family =]

CafeMom Tickers
mommyofmaknchz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM

My first 2 kids are 17.5 months and my 2nd & 3rd are 26 months apart. I like the gap because they can play together have similar schedules, etc. It can be very hard though because none are really that independent yet so when they get needy it always seems to be at the same time. For instance right now all 3 of mine are sick right now and they are all very needy right now. but it is amazing how well they all get along together too and how much they fight somedays. you have to decide what is right for you. i wanted my kids closer than my siblings and i are. we were all 5 years apart and we never really had somebody to play with etc.

SunnshinneMommi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Well my daughter is 20 months old and she'll be 2 in June. I just found out I was pregnant friday and my FH and I discussed whether or not we were going to keep the baby! And we decided we were. I want to have the baby because my daughter seems lonely sometimes and she doesnt have any children to play with. And I'm starting to feel bad now and days. So I figured this will be good for her because I do not let her play with any and everyone's children anyway.

complextrina
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:33 AM

my son will be 3 1/2 when my second is born. I think its a good age gap, because personally Im happy I only have to diaper one child, and my son can feed himself.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Mine are 22  months apart and I love the age gap, I almost wish they were even closer in age, like 12 months or something.

mommy2kodie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM

i have two boys one is 2 and the other 3 they are about 15 months apart and i love the age difference , the older one i still old enough to know a lil more than him and be able to teach the younger one things and help out but yet they are so close they got similar interests and play together well i wouldnt have it any other way

CafeMom Tickers

LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I have three children. Between my oldest and middle child is a gap of 6.5 years. Between my middle and youngest child is 19 months. I actually really like both age gaps because my oldest is my daughter and she is very motherly. She loves to help out with the boys and the age gap allows her to understand what to do more. I also like the boys being close in age because it allows for them to play together more and will be easier for me to homeschool them later down the line (unless my older son has to go to a special needs school).

erikays
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:18 AM

my boys are 4 yrs apart and it was the best thing! my oldest is a wonderful helper and loves to get on the floor with his little brother and crawl around! my oldest is 5 now and the baby is almost 10 months :) we are currently ttc #3! :)

we didnt want the gap so far apart but it took us many years to conceive again!

Photobucket

anabama
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM

My girls are 15 months apart. I think in most ways it's a great age gap. They are close enough to play together and enjoy the same things and between growthspurts they can even share clothes. The only down side is that when they were younger they were able to do things at the same time. Now they are starting to get into the " you have to be this age to do that" stuff and my little one doesn't always understand why she can't have or do what sissy does. 

Ashley

kyleighsmama07
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:32 AM

my kids are 21 months apart. i love the age gap.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)