Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP! Weird symptoms....!?!? *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies!  I know the odvious answer here will be "go see your doctor", but I figure (before I make that call, which I DO plan on making) I would ask you ladies if any of you had any insight here.......

So, I had the Essure implant done about 9 months ago.  Had the x-ray confirming that it worked about 3 months ago.  According to the doctor, everything looked good.  WELL.....  Lately I have had TERRIBLE stomach cramps on & off.  It's not consistant, but when it DOES come, OH BOY, does it hurt!  Today I noticed that I also had bloody stool.  (not sure if the 2 symptoms go hand & hand, or not.) 

SOOO....  I "googled" side effects to "Essure" & came back with nothing.  I don't know why, but I have a feeling that these symptoms are related to the implant somehow.  The side ecffects of Essure (according to the info that I googled) are still unknown, because it is a newer procedure.  HOWEVER, they DO mention that 3-4% of these women end up needing a partial hysterectomy.  BUT, the website doesn't say "WHY".  ?!?!?!   

Sooo...  Here are my questions... 

What are symptoms of an eptopic (sp?) pregnancy?

What are side effects of Essure?  (If you have any personal stories here, that would be helpful!)

Thanks ladies!  You're the best!  :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for your replies ladies!  I contiunued to look online for "Essure horror stories" (for lack of better words)  & found an article about a woman whose Essure coil moved out of place & pierced her colon!  YIKES!  Here is what part of her post said....

............ "These coils are dangerous. They can cause so much grief. There are other posts about coils migrating into the abdomen and causing problems. There is a report by some doctors of a woman having extensive pain and medical procedures to include CT's, MRI's and finally after a couple of years they did a CT scan with her in a different position and located the metal coil. The metal coil had imbedded in her colon. You can look up the report by keying in essure morbidity......" 

I will do some more researching & get back to you ladies if I learn anything else!  I'm REALLY upset that all of these things can happen.  My DR. seemed SO confident when she suggested the Essure coils to me!  There was no hesitation on My part, because I assumed "what DR would KNOWINGLY harm someone with a product that was dangerous?"  Ya know?  UGH!  How frustrating!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RyansMommy6407
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I'm a medical student (should be an RN in 2011) and am actually on mirena (kind of similar to essure) As soon as you notice blood anywhere it's not generaly supposed to be, call a doctor! Not sure if that has anything to do with your essure or not, but still... that could be serous.

As far as the cramps go, I get a bad cramp or two at least once a month (due to the mirena). It almost hurst as bad as a contraction, but its only like one or two and it's done. So that's probably normal, but something you'd want to discuss with your doctor aswell.

I hope this helps and I hope your doctor's appointment goes well.

kyco363
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Sorry I can't help but... bump!

Life is like photography, you need the negative to develop.

SweetPea05
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:13 AM

The symptoms for an ectopic pregnacy usually start with a severe cramping in one ovary specifically (that is the biggest sign) and sometimes bleeding. The cramping is like almost as severe as labor from what I understand (my aunt had one and almost died and lost an ovary due to it :() The bloody stools I dont think would signal that but how much was it? I got all freaked out by rectal blood... (not very much) just to find out it was from a hemhorroid! TMI SORRY! Lol
Good luck!

prinzesa_edith
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM

go to yahoo and google bad experiences with essure, if you look through it you will find a link to a website called aphroditewomenshealth.com, if you cant find it then just go o the site and go the the forums and search for essure bed experiences. you should find some people there explaining their results with it.

TempestRayne
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM

unless your stool was black or had the consistency of coffee grounds, I wouldn't worry too much, if if was bright red then you likely have hemorroids.

Let us know what your doc says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)