Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please my 3 year old is scared

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

So this last 2 weeks my dd has been saying she's scared of everything. If she hears a noise she freaks out and Say's she scared. I have asked her why or what and she says she's just scared.

So now when I leave her at daycare she is sad and says thru out the day that she's scared and wants mommy. Nothing has changed in our house hold. She has not been left with any strangers and really it's the same. She sees her dad once a week she is with me all the time. She has a normal routine. I can't figure out what to do any suggestions?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2holley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Anyone?

madisonsmom898

it might be something at the daycare going on cause i use to live next to one and it was bad it got closed down

GeorgiaMom84

It must be a new feeling at that age, my son went through that. He had bad nightmares and was scared of the dark. He has outgrown it though. My son used to be scared of everything from trains to cats. I would just keep an eye on her and keep talking her through it and she should be fine.

Good luck :)

mommy2holley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM

I don't think it's the daycare She goes to a real nice school and has been there since she was born.. She talks really well and I ask her about what's bugging her and it's never school, but thanks..

Quoting madisonsmom898:

it might be something at the daycare going on cause i use to live next to one and it was bad it got closed down

mommy2holley
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:30 PM

How old is your son now? I just feel so bad that she's that bothered by everything it breaks my heart lol.. Well hopefully she out grows this phase soon..thanks for responding.

Quoting GeorgiaMom84:

It must be a new feeling at that age, my son went through that. He had bad nightmares and was scared of the dark. He has outgrown it though. My son used to be scared of everything from trains to cats. I would just keep an eye on her and keep talking her through it and she should be fine.

Good luck :)

ludviksmith
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

I'm no expert, but I kinda think it's just a phase. My neice is 4, and her fears are better now, but last summer, when she was 3, she was scared of everything...we'd go to the park, and she was scared of the shady areas by the trees, she was afraid of bugs, dirt, certain plants, puddles...she used to be very afraid of our dog, but I taught her to be assertive and say, NO! to the dog if she tries to jump or lick....I think it's just a phase...with my neice, I just stayed calm and was patient with her, and explained that there is nothing to be scared of...I'd take her to the shady areas of the park under the trees and we'd walk around and explore, I'd teach her about the plants and I'd touch the puddles, don't force it, but show that there's no need to be afraid, and eventually I think they grow out of it.

CafeMom Tickers
luckiegirl229
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM

My daughter is almost 4 and went through the exact same thing when she turned 3. I think it is just a phase. Just try to talk her down when she gets scared and explain that there is nothing to be scared of. She will eventually grow out of it. My daughter was terrified of my brother-in-laws dog but now she loves him. Just be patient :)

GeorgiaMom84
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM

My son is 4 now... My step daughter did the same thing last summer, she is almost 4. The only thing she is afraid of now is that my son is out to get her lol.

Like I said, some kids just get that way... it might also be a way of getting extra attention. :)

redheadedmomO3
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:50 PM

my son just went through this, he would hear a noise or see a shadow and run to me saying, " i'm scared mommy, i want you. i'm scared ", but after i held him and loved on him for a while he'd go back to playing so i think he was doing it to get a little extra mommy time,

prinzesa_edith
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM

wow, good post, i didnt know this either. my daughter is 3 also and has been afraid of "the scary" for a few months now. thats what she calles it, "the scary". i am just starting to switch her over to her own bed and i have to lay with her because she gets scared, even terrified sometimes. i would get frustrated with her somtimes because i thought she was just beeing a brat, but i guess i will be more understanding now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)